APIs & Integrations

Maeglin
Participant | Elite Partner

DatoCMS and Hubspot form integration questions

SOLVE

Hi there,

Is there anyone here who has experience with working with DatoCMS and Hubspot?

My client has a website on DatoCMS with a (pop-up)form that sends the data with an API to my Hubspot contact list. However, I’d like to get more insight in how the forms are used.

Is there any way to get this information with an integration on DatoCMS and Hubpot (like e.g. you can do with the Wordpress plugin)?

Or any other experiences or pros/cons in using DatoCMS together with Hubspot?

Thanks for the support 😊

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MichaelC
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE
This does not really require an api solution to solve as it is more or less already built into hubspot.

In wordpress hubspot has its own plugin to enter your portals ID. That generates a javascript string to link any site traffic with hubspot an enables forms to be read by hubspot without any code. It also enables functions like using the hubspot buildin chat.

After you installed this plugin or after you inserted that one line of javascript to your page you can either create your own forms in hubspot directly or hubspot will get all data submited by page forms. In the marketing tab in your portal you should be able to read more about non-hubspot-forms.

With that said there is of course the possibility to use forms and the api to build self made solutions. Exactly understanding how DatoCMS works can and will only be explained by the people behind DatoCMS. I recommend contacting them.

Need further help with integrations or business development?

Want to help me?

Go to the following links and read through the ideas. If you like them - give the idea an upvote

Upvote the following ideas:

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Maeglin

SOLVE

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! 

I was mainly wondering if I was overloooking any integration or gain some insights from someone with experience in the 2... but it seems this is not a common combination 😉

For now I've also reached out to DatoCMS on their community, but taken from your responses.. we will most likely proceed with embeded forms.

Thanks!

MichaelC
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE
This does not really require an api solution to solve as it is more or less already built into hubspot.

In wordpress hubspot has its own plugin to enter your portals ID. That generates a javascript string to link any site traffic with hubspot an enables forms to be read by hubspot without any code. It also enables functions like using the hubspot buildin chat.

After you installed this plugin or after you inserted that one line of javascript to your page you can either create your own forms in hubspot directly or hubspot will get all data submited by page forms. In the marketing tab in your portal you should be able to read more about non-hubspot-forms.

With that said there is of course the possibility to use forms and the api to build self made solutions. Exactly understanding how DatoCMS works can and will only be explained by the people behind DatoCMS. I recommend contacting them.

Need further help with integrations or business development?

Want to help me?

Go to the following links and read through the ideas. If you like them - give the idea an upvote

Upvote the following ideas:

KWadhawan

SOLVE

Hi Michael,

We are migrating our blogs from Hubspot to DatoCMS. Our IT Team was able to complete the migration. 

In some blogs, the internal links to other blogs start with the same URL that was used in Hubspot. Is it a way to automatically update that or will we have to do it one by one manually?

In some blogs, the internal links to other blogs begin with the same URL used in Hubspot. Is there a way to update those internal links URL automatically, or would we have to do it one by one?

Thanks,

Kush

0 Upvotes
prosa
Top Contributor

SOLVE

The only thing that comes to mind is to use the embeded code of the form instead of using an API call to send the information.

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Maeglin !

Welcome to the Community!

I just did a search on the Community and you are literally the only person who has used the word DatoCMS 🙃

I am going to somewhat randomly tag in a few people here that might have some insights.  If you could detail a bit more about what information you are attempting to glean, that would help drive this conversation in the right direction.

Also, please note that you are now the number 1 expert on DatoCMS so be ready to answer questions 😀

@prosa, @Anton , @MichaelC , @webdew thank you for being my "random" volunteers!  Do you have any thoughts on this?

0 Upvotes