APIs & Integrations

amit-hs
Participant

Customizing the CRM center pane

SOLVE

During Sales demos it was suggested that there was flexibility to customize the center pane of the CRM screens.

I am able to select various properties and alter their order in the left pane, and also use Custom Cards to add panels to the right pane ("UST Panes" in the example picture below):

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 15.42.48.png

However, I'm unable to figure out how customizable the center pane is? For example, can I place a widget in there that's (maybe) an IFrame to an external system?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Gotchya!

Quick answer is no

I think the pandadoc integration demonstrates the best case which is using a iframe overlay to interact with their app.  It is not in the center pane per se.  More above the card itself.  Check out their video on the integrations page.

From your screenshot, looks like you already have the iframe working so maybe reviewing that video will be of no value, but wanted to put out there just in case

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
sejal_parikh
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello! I work with Hubspot as a product manager, and currently looking into use cases for UI Extensibility for Hubspot portals, and I have a very relevant update for this post.

We are looking to invite Enterprise customers and partners for the upcoming private beta (July 14). This beta enables developers to extend Hubspot's UI for their business use cases, on multiple extension points - beginning with the CRM records page right side panel and a new middle panel tab. Developers can create new CRM cards and card apps with UI components, deploy and host them on the Hubspot platform using serverless functions. These tools involve using a new developer home, development sandboxes, developer projects, private apps, and a growing library of components.

If you are interested in participating in this beta, please fill out this form, or message me: https://forms.gle/5KMV1UUkDHRY58Wv6. If you cannot participate in the beta but still want to chat about it, that's great too!

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
DarrenSimons
Participant

SOLVE

Hi - is this still available?

I have a specific requirement similar to the one described here:

When a Hubspot user selects a deal I want there to be a third tab in the middle panel and for that to produce a grid of Hubspot variables that they can edit.  These are planning fields which need to be accessible in a single view, and the left hand section is just not suitable for this. 

Thanks

Darren

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

And please, share your work when you are done!!

Always great to recap the process for others who will be developing in the future!

0 Upvotes
amit-hs
Participant

SOLVE

Brilliant. Thanks for the confirmation!

dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Gotchya!

Quick answer is no

I think the pandadoc integration demonstrates the best case which is using a iframe overlay to interact with their app.  It is not in the center pane per se.  More above the card itself.  Check out their video on the integrations page.

From your screenshot, looks like you already have the iframe working so maybe reviewing that video will be of no value, but wanted to put out there just in case

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @amit-hs

Welcome to the Community!

I am wondering if what you are referencing is the CRM Extension.

As an FYI, this is not a plug and play type of modification.  You will need to create an app using a developer account that will be the intermediary between HubSpot and whatever application from which you wish to pull data. 

It is a very powerful tool!

0 Upvotes
amit-hs
Participant

SOLVE

Heya @dennisedson Thanks for the welcome. This is a cool product, that we're just getting into in more detail.

Yup, I have a CRM Extension app working (the "UST Panes" custom card) on the screenshot above.

I wondered if there was a way to introduce content -- a widget? a page? perhaps HTML published via the CMS capabilities of HubSpot? -- into the center pane of the CRM page? We were led to understand this *may* be possible.

0 Upvotes