APIs & Integrations

dan_thomas

Customising an embedded form in HubSpot

Hi,

I am trying to customise the CSS in an embedded HubSpot form, however i am not having much luck!

As you can see from the screenshot below, the is automatically set to max-width: 500px;. This means the form only covers half the container, i am trying to extend the width so that it fills 100% of the width of the container.

I have read through the developer documentation listed below;

None of these have worked for me. I know it compiles on load, however it just isn't picking up any CSS classes i am trying to reference - I'm not even able to over-ride the existing classes by using !important.

I am not a javascript expert - so may be getting this completely wrong - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @dan.thomas,

Don't have much more to add here other than to confirm what Tim said; HubSpot Marketing/CRM Free portals are not able to customize their form styling by default.

0 Upvotes
dan_thomas

Hi Tim,

I had never heard of it - thanks for contributing. I have had a go, and it has certainly improved my current form!

I'm not sure it gives me the full functionality i need. I have had a look at editing the Beltch form CSS - if you edit it, it returns to the default HubSpot style.

I am using the Marketing Hub Starter - will this allow me to edit the CSS?

Thanks
Dan

0 Upvotes
Tim_Joyce_Belch

Hey @dan.thomas, can you jump intoour slack channel and I can walk you through it?

0 Upvotes
dan_thomas

Sorry - some of my text has gone missing in my post.

After the links, it originally read...

I have tried removing the default styling by adding css: "" to the script, then referencing the class in my stylesheet.
I have tried referencing a CSS class in my stylesheet by using cssClass:"".
I have now tried entering the CSS into the script, as shown below...

hbspt.forms.create({
		portalId: "XXXXXX",
		formId: "XXXXXX",
		css: ".hs-form fieldset.form-columns-2 { max-width: 2000px !important; }"
	});

Thanks
Dan

0 Upvotes
Tim_Joyce_Belch

Hi @dan.thomas - Have you tried the Belch Form Designer for embed codes to style your form? Also, if you are a HubSpot free user, you won't be able to change the form CSS without using Belch and making sure you connect your HubSpot portal to pull in the forms

gruya

Hi Tim, 
I tried following everything in BELCH.io under (experiments.forms.belch.io) to get my form up and running but once I created the form and copied the code and pasted it in my site, nothing happened. It was blank. 
This is the code
<style type="text/css">@import url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato:100,100i,300,300i,400,400i,700,700i,900,900i");@import url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat:100,100i,200,200i,300,300i,400,400i,500,500i,600,... url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato:100,100i,300,300i,400,400i,700,700i,900,900i");@import url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato:100,100i,300,300i,400,400i,700,700i,900,900i");@import url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato:100,100i,300,300i,400,400i,700,700i,900,900i");.embed-f... .hs-form {max-width:100%;margin: auto;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=date],.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=datetime], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=datetime-local], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=email], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=month], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=number], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=password], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=range], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=search], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=tel], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=text], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=time], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=url], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=week], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-1 textarea.hs-input, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-1 .input select, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .input textarea, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-input textarea, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form textarea, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .input select, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-input select, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form select {border: 1px solid #d6d6d6;width: 100%;padding: 9px 14px;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;-moz-box-sizing: border-box;box-sizing: border-box;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form ul {list-style-type: none;margin-left: 0; padding-left: 0;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-1 .hs-input{width: 100% !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-1 input[type="checkbox"], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-1 input[type="radio"] {width: auto !important;margin-right: 15px !important;margin-top: -2px;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form label {color: #606060;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset {max-width: 100% !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-3 .hs-form-field {width: 33.333% !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset {margin-bottom: 0 !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-form-field {margin-bottom: 15px;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form label {font-weight: normal;letter-spacing: 1px;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form ul li {margin-top: 4px;margin-bottom: 4px !important;float: left;width: 100%;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset textarea.hs-input {min-height: 200px;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form select{-webkit-appearance: none;-moz-appearance: none;appearance: none;padding: 5px;border-radius: 0;} .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form button, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=button], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=reset], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=submit] {background:#606060;color: white;padding: 7px 45px;font-weight: bold;font-size: 20px;text-transform: uppercase;letter-spacing: 2px;margin-top: 15px;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-2 .hs-form-field { width: 50%; -moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-3 .hs-form-field, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-2 .hs-form-field {float: left;-moz-box-sizing: border-box;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;box-sizing: border-box;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset .hs-form-field {padding: 0 10px;-moz-box-sizing: border-box;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;}.hs_cos_wrapper.form-title {display: none;}@media screen and (max-width:400px) {.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form fieldset.form-columns-3 .hs-form-field {width: 100% !important;}}.embed-form-super-wrapper { -moz-box-sizing:border-box;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;box-sizing: border-box;width: 100%;background: #ffffff;border-top-width: 0px;border-bottom-width: 0px;border-left-width: 0px;border-right-width: 0px;border-radius: 16px !important;-moz-border-radius: 16px !important;-webkit-border-radius: 16px !important;border-color: #fff !important;border-style: dashed !important;padding-top: 0px !important;padding-bottom: 0px !important;padding-left: 14px !important;padding-right: 14px !important;margin: 0 auto;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form label, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form label span {font-family: 'Montserrat', Arial !important;color: #636363 !important;font-size: 14px !important;letter-spacing: 0px !important;font-weight: 500 !important;margin-bottom: 6px;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form label {width: 100% !important;float:left !important;text-align: left !important;padding-left: 0px !important;padding-right: 0px !important;padding-top: 0px !important;padding-bottom: 0px !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=date], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=datetime], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=datetime-local], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=email], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=month], input[type=number], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=password], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=range], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=search], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=tel], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=text], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=time], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=url], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=week], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .input textarea, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-input textarea,.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form textarea, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .input select, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-input select, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form select {text-align: left !important;font-family: 'Lato', Arial !important;letter-spacing: 0px !important;font-weight: 300 !important;font-size: 20px !important;border-color: #e2e2e2 !important;color: #000000 !important;background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;padding-top: 10px;padding-bottom: 10px;padding-left: 10px;padding-right: 10px;border-style: solid !important;border-radius: 4px !important;-moz-border-radius: 4px !important;-webkit-border-radius: 4px !important;box-sizing: border-box;-moz-box-sizing: border-box;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;border-top-width: 1px !important;border-bottom-width: 1px !important;border-left-width: 1px !important;border-right-width: 1px !important;height:auto !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input::-webkit-input-placeholder, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form select::-webkit-input-placeholder{color:#a1a1a1 !important;text-align: left !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input::-moz-placeholder, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form select::-moz-placeholder{color:#a1a1a1 !important;text-align: left !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input:-ms-input-placeholder, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form select:-ms-input-placeholder{color:#a1a1a1 !important;text-align: left !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input:-moz-placeholder, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form select:-moz-placeholder{color:#a1a1a1 !important;text-align: left !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form button, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=button], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=reset], .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=submit] {font-family: 'Lato', Arial !important;letter-spacing: 2px !important;font-weight: 800 !important;font-size: 16px !important;color: #ff6741 !important;background: #ffffff !important;border-top-width: 2px !important;border-bottom-width: 2px !important;border-left-width: 2px !important;border-right-width: 2px !important;border-radius: 75px !important;border-style: solid !important; border-color: #ff7a59 !important;border-radius: 75px !important;-moz-border-radius: 75px !important;-webkit-border-radius: 75px !important;box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing: border-box;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;padding-top: 20px;padding-bottom: 20px;padding-left: 40px;padding-right: 40px;-webkit-transition: all .2s linear;-o-transition: all .2s linear;-moz-transition: all .2s linear;-ms-transition: all .2s linear;transition: all .2s linear;-khtml-transition: all .2s linear;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-submit {display: inline-block;width: 100%;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-submit .actions {width: 100% !important;float: left !important;clear: both !important;text-align: left !important;box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing: border-box;-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;padding-left: 11px !important;padding-right: 17px !important;}@media screen and (max-width:767px){.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .form-columns-2>div.hs-form-field,.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .form-columns-3>div.hs-form-field,.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .form-columns-4>div.hs-form-field{width: 100% !important;}}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-richtext{float: left !important;width: 100% !important;padding-top: 20px !important;padding-bottom: 20px !important;padding-left: 20px !important;padding-right: 20px !important;color: #666666 !important;font-weight: 600 !important;letter-spacing: 1px !important;font-size: 12px !important;font-family: 'Lato' !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-submit .actions {text-align: center !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-error-msgs label, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form .hs-error-msgs label span {font-family: 'Lato', Arial !important;letter-spacing: 1px !important;font-weight: 300 !important;font-size: 12px !important;color: #ff7373 !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form button:hover, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=button]:hover, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=reset]:hover, .embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type=submit]:hover {background: #ff7a59 !important;color: #ffffff !important; border-color: #ff6640 !important;}.grecaptcha-badge {width: auto !important;height: auto !important;box-shadow: none !important;}.embed-form-super-wrapper .hs-form input[type="checkbox"]{margin-right: 10px;margin-top: -2px;}.center-the-form form, .center-the-form form input {text-align: center;}</style><script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/reqwest/2.0.5/reqwest.min.js"></script><script>reqwest({url: "//js.hsforms.net/forms/v2.js",method:"get",dataType:"script",type:"script",success:function(resp){var ns = resp.response;var nsn=ns.replace("(null!=r&&null!=(p=r.scopes)?!p.renderShell:!0)||e.shell||e.noShell||l.isCos(e)", "1==1");window.eval(nsn);hbspt.forms.create({target:".Belch-X9GXF6AHJlcWF4bMMUE9", portalId: "6037213",formId: "d8dc9511-a1ca-4a1f-9996-5ad03ce7ac56",css: ""});}});</script><div class="embed-form-super-wrapper Belch-X9GXF6AHJlcWF4bMMUE9"></div>

0 Upvotes