APIs & Integrations

oriyudilevich
Participante

Custom properties for products and line items

resolver

Hi,

We would like to add a custom property to products called "catalog number" and one to line items called "extra info". After I do this, I am then planning migrate our current list of products into hubspot, i.e. write a script (that uses the hubspot API) that uploads our product list from outside hubspot into hubspot, with the aim that our sales people will then start managing our product list via hubspot.

I have a few small questions related to this:

1. Is it possible to add these custom properties via the hubspot UI? (e.g. by going to settings -> properties -> create property). If it's still not possible, when do you expect this to be possible?

2. More importantly, if I create these custom properties (say, via the API if needed), will I be able to see them in UI (when going to settings -> sales -> products & quotes and selecting a product and when creating a quote and editing its list of products)?

3. And a bit of a side question - in the developers documentation, is there a page with the list of default properties for products and line items? I could only find this page: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs-beta/crm/properties, but it only has contacts, companies, deals and tickets.

Thanks in advance, Ori

1 Soluciones aceptada
IsaacTakushi
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi, @ArtelyeInc.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response.

Custom product properties were released to general production on April 10, 2020. These properties can be created and managed in-app like contact, company, deal, and ticket properties.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

23 Respuestas 23
AMammarella
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hello 🙋🏼‍♂️

If you have ever struggled with manually adding line items to deal, say hello to the Add Line Item to Deal app we have released!

Key Features:

- Dynamically include a line item in an already existing deal;

- Capability to insert the following fields: SKU of the product to add, product’s quantity, line item price, currency list (USD, EUR, GBP, etc.).

Install the App: Head to the HubSpot Marketplace, install the Add Line Item to Deal app, and get started for free.

Say goodbye to manually adding line items to deals. Try the Add Line Item to Deal today and elevate your HubSpot workflow game!

1589805894166.jpeg
Uusteri

resolver

It is great to have custom properties for line items, although the ability to choose which properties to be displayed on creation is definitely a must. A sales rep now sees all the default properties which are not needed and are very frustrating. 

MPérezRodrígu
Participante

resolver

It is a big data error, that information of products quoted in contacts cannot be copied. when do they connect that information? please, thank you

0 Me gusta
IWebster
Participante

resolver

I'd like to add my voice to those asking for the ability to set custom properties on line items.

In my case I am syncing deals to a e-commerce basket structure, I map baskets to deals and basket items to line items, being able to have the basket item id as a custom field in line items will make my life much easier.

0 Me gusta
MM2
Miembro

resolver

We need this as well: We have many items that fall under a base category but that come in different flavours and this needs to show up in quotes and reporting.

Fee_Lee
Participante

resolver
I would like to have beta access to fix those newly added properties on line item to be displayed in quotation. Please help, thanks!!
0 Me gusta
DarrenSimons
Participante

resolver

Although I can create a custom property for a product, is there a way for this to be accessible to a deal calculation.  My scenario is:

- I have added a flag to a product as I want to track certain product types

- I then create a custom property for the deal which is a calculation using SUM of ARR items which have line items with that flag above set.  However, I cannot select that flag from the dropdown when I do the COUNT.  

Is there a way to do this?  Even having NAME in the dropdown would be fine as I could put the text in the name and use that.

Thanks

0 Me gusta
himanshurauthan
Líder intelectual | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Hello @oriyudilevich 

Custom properties for Products and line items are yet not manageable via HubSpot UI though can be created and populated via Create a new object property .

The created properties will not be visible under HubSpot properties section but can be seen when creating contact lists into HubSpot ( but I think it needs access to paid sales plan ).
For default HubSpot product/line item properties, you can confirm it by trying creating contact lists in HubSpot. They are like this:

Screenshot_2020-02-14 Lists.png

Screenshot_2020-02-14 Lists(1).png

Hope it will help.

Thanks.

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
oriyudilevich
Participante

resolver

Dear @himanshurauthan ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Is there any estimation as to when custom properties for products/line items will be visible in the UI? They would be very useful for us, mainly for adding these fields (like catalog number of a product or extra info of a line item) in the quote PDFs our sales people prepare for our clients using the hubspot UI.

Thanks again,

Ori

himanshurauthan

resolver

Hii @oriyudilevich 

Sorry for writing late. Honestly, I do not have any timeline for this. This was proposed in the community few months ago to have this feature included in UI. May be it could be in progress.

@IsaacTakushi any comments here?

Thanks.

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Thanks for looping me in, @himanshurauthan.

I'm seeking insight into this, @oriyudilevich. Thanks for your patience.

Isaac Takushi

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi, @oriyudilevich.

The team is currently working on this functionality. They are aiming to have it released into beta sometime this quarter.

Isaac Takushi

VVilski1
Participante

resolver

How can we be in the beta testing? We really need this for our company!!

0 Me gusta
RustamA
Participante

resolver

Hi @IsaacTakushi , is there any update on that?

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi, @RustamA.

Yes, beta support for custom product an line item properties was added last week.

If you are beta tolerant and willing to give feedback, I'd be happy to request that you be given access. Are you interested?

Isaac Takushi

Fee_Lee
Participante

resolver
I am facing the same issue that all newly added product properties on line item not displayed in quotation, please grant me beta access to fix this ASAP. Thanks in advance!!
0 Me gusta
ArtelyeInc
Participante

resolver

Hi @IsaacTakushi 

Can I be also included in Beta please

Thank you in advance

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi, @ArtelyeInc.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response.

Custom product properties were released to general production on April 10, 2020. These properties can be created and managed in-app like contact, company, deal, and ticket properties.

Isaac Takushi

RustamA
Participante

resolver

@IsaacTakushi yes, absolutely. I've 2 different HubSpot accounts associated with this account. Can I get beta on both of those?

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey, @RustamA.

I will certainly try. Can you direct message me the Hub IDs?

Isaac Takushi

0 Me gusta