We would like to add a custom property to products called "catalog number" and one to line items called "extra info". After I do this, I am then planning migrate our current list of products into hubspot, i.e. write a script (that uses the hubspot API) that uploads our product list from outside hubspot into hubspot, with the aim that our sales people will then start managing our product list via hubspot.
I have a few small questions related to this:
1. Is it possible to add these custom properties via the hubspot UI? (e.g. by going to settings -> properties -> create property). If it's still not possible, when do you expect this to be possible?
2. More importantly, if I create these custom properties (say, via the API if needed), will I be able to see them in UI (when going to settings -> sales -> products & quotes and selecting a product and when creating a quote and editing its list of products)?
3. And a bit of a side question - in the developers documentation, is there a page with the list of default properties for products and line items? I could only find this page: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs-beta/crm/properties, but it only has contacts, companies, deals and tickets.
It is great to have custom properties for line items, although the ability to choose which properties to be displayed on creation is definitely a must. A sales rep now sees all the default properties which are not needed and are very frustrating.
I'd like to add my voice to those asking for the ability to set custom properties on line items.
In my case I am syncing deals to a e-commerce basket structure, I map baskets to deals and basket items to line items, being able to have the basket item id as a custom field in line items will make my life much easier.
Although I can create a custom property for a product, is there a way for this to be accessible to a deal calculation. My scenario is:
- I have added a flag to a product as I want to track certain product types
- I then create a custom property for the deal which is a calculation using SUM of ARR items which have line items with that flag above set. However, I cannot select that flag from the dropdown when I do the COUNT.
Is there a way to do this? Even having NAME in the dropdown would be fine as I could put the text in the name and use that.
Custom properties for Products and line items are yet not manageable via HubSpot UI though can be created and populated via Create a new object property .
The created properties will not be visible under HubSpot properties section but can be seen when creating contact lists into HubSpot ( but I think it needs access to paid sales plan ). For default HubSpot product/line item properties, you can confirm it by trying creating contact lists in HubSpot. They are like this:
Is there any estimation as to when custom properties for products/line items will be visible in the UI? They would be very useful for us, mainly for adding these fields (like catalog number of a product or extra info of a line item) in the quote PDFs our sales people prepare for our clients using the hubspot UI.