APIs & Integrations

aawadhwa
Participant

Custom Object to Custom Object - join records retrieved from API

Résolue

Hello, 

We are begnining to work with custom object to extend the capabilities, I have been able to create custom objects and retrieve the data that we put in it. 

There is this case, however, where we have custom_object_2 associated with custom_object_1. 

I use GET crm/v3/objects/custom_object_2&properties=name to get all the records with properties

The response returned looks like this 

"results": [
{
"id": "2090784302",
"properties": {
"hs_createdate": "2022-08-04T20:53:06.993Z",
"hs_lastmodifieddate": "2022-08-04T20:53:06.993Z",
"hs_object_id": "2090784302"
},
"createdAt": "2022-08-04T20:53:06.993Z",
"updatedAt": "2022-08-04T20:53:06.993Z",
"archived": false
} ]

The above response doesn't contain any identifier which can be used to link it to the custom_object_1.

Does anyone know what parameters needs be passed where this API can return some identifier to associate the records of custom_object_2 with that of custom_object_1? Or is there any other way or exta API call that needs to be made? 

Thank you in advance!
0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Teun
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @aawadhwa , 

You can call the associations endpoint to list all the associations for your current object. So in the case of 'custom_object_2' the URL could look something like this:

https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/custom_object_2/2090784302/associations/custom_object_2?limit=...

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
Teun
Solution

Résolue

Hi @aawadhwa , 

You can call the associations endpoint to list all the associations for your current object. So in the case of 'custom_object_2' the URL could look something like this:

https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/custom_object_2/2090784302/associations/custom_object_2?limit=...

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

aawadhwa
Participant

Résolue

Thank you @Teun , this worked! 

0 Votes