APIs & Integrations

ShubhangiPawar

Custom Object Creation Using OAuth API

SOLVE

I'm unable to create schemas through the Oauth API. The HubSpot API claims that I'm missing a required scope but doesn't mention which one it is. I'm only trying to create the schema on my app test account and the docs imply that this should work.

The test account has the following products: "Sales Enterprise", "Service Enterprise", "Marketing Enterprise". Since they all have "Enterprise" in the name, they have access or not?

"App test accounts are free HubSpot accounts that include trials of many enterprise features."

I'm guessing that these test accounts don't have access to custom objects. But if that's the case, how do any developers test this feature?
Can you provide clarity here?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@ShubhangiPawar ,

The OAuth functionality is only available for those who successfully apply for it presently.

You can read more and apply here

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@ShubhangiPawar ,

The OAuth functionality is only available for those who successfully apply for it presently.

You can read more and apply here

VDugar9
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @dennisedson 
I went through the link to the Custom Schema Pilot you provided here and wanted some clarity on the following:

1. Access will be granted for 60 days to define custom objects. If scopes are not utilized, access to scopes will be removed.
    • Does this mean I'll get access for only 60 days and then have to apply again?
  2. How long do I have to implement and define custom objects? - Custom object schemas for customers must be defined in the first 60 days.
    • If I do define a Custom Object immediately after getting the access, will the 60-day limit remain? Like, will I be able to create more custom objects after the 60 days or the access will be revoked after 60 days anyway?
0 Upvotes
mlupin
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @VDugar9 - Happy to jump in here!

Our goal is to give access to those developers who are ready to build with custom objects. Your access will not be revoked once the scope has been used and there won't be a need to re-apply again.

Please note, any decisions to revoke access will be communicated in advance to prevent any breaking changes and limit disruption. Additionally, these guardrails and the program may change in the future.

If you're ready to start building and defining custom objects, submit your request with your idea! The Product team will then evaluate your submission to determine if custom objects are the right solution for you.

VDugar9
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the clarifications. I applied and have received the crm.schema.write scope on my application.

0 Upvotes
AKatukuri
Participant

SOLVE

so the 60-day access limit for custom object schema scope is for the app install for each public app install, is it?

0 Upvotes
BLam7

SOLVE

@dennisedson 
sorry to bring back this old thread...
i am getting following error when trying to create custom object schema, i am wondering this is the same issue listed above ? any eta when it will become like regular API scope access?

{"status":"error","message":"The scope needed for this API call isn't available for public use. If you have questions, contact support or post in our developer forum.","correlationId":"2d2981b8-a5d2-4235-981b-58c507b60a9c","links":{"support":"https://help.hubspot.com/","forum":"https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/bd-p/integrations"},"category":"MISSING_SCOPES"}

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 8.35.19 PM.png

My test APP auth scopes don't have option for "crm.schema.custom" write, but read is there.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@BLam7, yep.  you fit into the same category.  I have not heard of any ETA on a public release.  If you have a good use case, you should apply, though!

Good luck out there

0 Upvotes