APIs & Integrations

thomaspage
Membre

Custom Integration with Payeezy

Stripe's rates are too high and we are trying to navigate setting up our own payment processor with HubSpot. We would like to integrate with Payeezy (though we are not married to it). My ideal setup would be that when we create a quote for a client we also send them a link to a payment page that fetches the data from the quote and allows them to pay it. I know there's no Quotes API so I'm trying to come up with a workaround that allows me to initiate payments from HubSpot (maybe depending on deal stage) and hopefully view them as well using the CRM Extensions API. We have a mix of recurring and one time products which will need to be on the same quote/invoice. If anyone has any insight to how this can be accomplished and if I am even on the right track with my thinking please let me know (including if this is not worth the development and Stripe is worth the high rates).

0 Votes
2 Réponses
RumorConsumer
Membre

Hi there @IsaacTakushi . I am approaching this same question in 2023. Has anything changed? We just found out we can't use stripe and we need to find another way to process payments. Do you have any suggestions for processors we can use and how to use them? 

0 Votes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Welcome, @thomaspage.

HubSpot's native integration with Stripe would certainly be the best out-of-the-box solution, but I'm happy to discuss how you could approach this differently.

Since a public Quotes API isn't available at this time, you won't be able to pull line item values directly from HubSpot quotes. Rather, your sales team will have to manually update custom deal properties and/or products associated with the deal to reflect the values in the quote so that the data is accessible via API. (In this case, the Deals API and Line Items API, respectively.)

Once the quote values also live on deal records and/or line items, you can create a deal-based workflow to send an email once a quote is created. Since the email is distributed by a deal-based workflow, it can contain personalization tokens for custom deal properties (e.g. a link to a personalized payment page). The screenshot below depicts a very simple example:

Note: We can't use a quote-based workflow because then you won't be able to use personalization tokens for custom deal properties. At this time, there are no custom quote properties to leverage.Note: We can't use a quote-based workflow because then you won't be able to use personalization tokens for custom deal properties. At this time, there are no custom quote properties to leverage.

Now we have to consider your payment page. Payeezy's Direct API allows you to build a custom checkout form and send the details to the Payeezy API from your backend. When a visitor lands on the payment page using a link from the aforementioned automated email, you could have your backend server call either HubSpot's Deals API and/or the Line Items API to retrieve the custom deal properties and line item values which match the lead's quote and load those on the page with JavaScript.

Once the lead submits the payment information and you receive a successful response from Payeezy's API, you could relay all the relevant payment data to a custom card on the deal record using HubSpot's CRM Extensions API.

There is a manual component to this workaround (having sales reps enter quote information twice), but it is technically possible. Please let me know if I've overlooked anything or if you'd like to discuss anything further.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Votes