APIs & Integrations

lakshmipriya627

Creation of Product using API - OAuth 2.0

We have a HubSpot Account with OAuth 2.0 App installed with necessary scopes to create a Product. But, when the OAuth App was installed in the HubSpot Account, the account was in Lower Plan in which the Product feature was not enabled. Later we upgraded the plan to Enterprise plan. Now, when we try to create a Product through the installed OAuth 2.0 API, the Creation API still throws 403 - Forbidden Insufficient scopes error. 

When I try to create a Product through UI, its working. Requesting help here.

API - "POST/crm/v3/objects/products"

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
lakshmipriya627

Hey @dennisedson abd @Teun 
Thanks for the response. 
We had all necessary scopes while installing the OAuth app. 

I am afraid that the OAuth app is not refreshed after the HubSpot Account is upgraded or downgraded to a new plan as we noticed that re-installing the app allows the creation of Product through API.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app definitely works fine but we are looking for some solution which will not involve re-authentication. 

Any work around without reauthentication would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

I do not believe that there is a workaround for this.  I can see that it can be a pain point.  I would suggest creating an idea (add link here so we can upvote).

0 Upvotes
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @lakshmipriya627 and @dennisedson ,

Gotta agree here, try uninstalling and installing the integration again.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@lakshmipriya627 

Did the person who installed the app have the necessary scoped after the plan changed?  I would suggest confirming that and reinstalling the app. 

@Teun , see anything else that might be an issue?

0 Upvotes