APIs & Integrations

IHarris

Creating new lists in Zapier or Make?

SOLVE

Hello folks,

I use Zapier and Make (formerly Integromat) to automate stuff.

One thing I can't do is create new Lists.

Any chance this could be supported?

It would really help us. We run a lot of face to face meet-ups, and when we create a new one we have Zapier automate everything – creating the Google Calendar, creating the Eventbrite page etc. But one thing that's still manual is making the Hubspot list.

Thanks

Ian

1 Accepted solution
IHarris
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks Jaycee

What I did was get a developer on Fiverr to code me a custom Make / Integromat module, using the 0Auth API. 

It works great! I can create Lists to my heart's content. It's this guy if anybody is following this thread: https://www.fiverr.com/solam66?source=order_page_summary_seller_link

Thanks

Ian

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MuhammadSadiq

SOLVE

Hello Ian,

Certainly, you can create new lists in Zapier. While Zapier primarily focuses on automating workflows between different apps, it can help you manage lists, including those in HubSpot. Here's a general guide on how you can approach this:

1. Trigger Event:

• Identify a trigger event that signifies the creation of a new list. This could be a new event in Google Calendar, a new event in Eventbrite, or any other relevant trigger that fits your workflow.
  2. Set Up Action:

• Choose HubSpot as the action app.
    • Select the specific action, which in this case would be "Create/Update List" or a similar option.
  3. Configure Action:

• Connect your HubSpot account to Zapier.
    • Set up the fields required for creating a new list, such as the list name, properties, or any other relevant information.
  4. Test and Activate:

• Test your Zap to ensure that it's working as expected.
    • Once satisfied, activate the Zap to run automatically whenever the trigger event occurs.

Zapier provides a wide range of integrations and actions, so you should be able to automate the creation of a HubSpot list as part of your overall workflow.

If you encounter specific issues or need more detailed guidance, you might want to refer to Zapier's documentation or community forums for assistance. Additionally, Zapier's support team can provide help tailored to your setup.

I hope this helps streamline your workflow! If you have more details about your current setup, feel free to share them for more targeted advice.
And if you are little bit confused about zapier or make you can choose one of the following from this comparison Zapier vs Make (Formerly Integromate)

0 Upvotes
IHarris
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks Jaycee

What I did was get a developer on Fiverr to code me a custom Make / Integromat module, using the 0Auth API. 

It works great! I can create Lists to my heart's content. It's this guy if anybody is following this thread: https://www.fiverr.com/solam66?source=order_page_summary_seller_link

Thanks

Ian

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

That is another great approach! Thanks for letting us know what worked 🙌

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @IHarris 👋 I can confirm this isn't a feature. Although you can create new lists via an API request, this isn't an available action, that I found in their documentation, for Make nor Zapier. You'll need to provision your lists ahead of time via the List endpoint or in-app using the Lists tool. Hey, @LMeert, do you have any additional automation suggestions? 

If you have a moment, adding your suggestion to the Ideas Community and getting some upvotes will be very helpful in getting your suggestion in front of the Product team. If you add a link back to your Idea post, I'll be sure to give it an upvote to help get the ball rolling.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes