APIs & Integrations

storycollab
Participant | Diamond Partner

Creating front-end form to post to HubDB Table

I have non-developers who I need to submit information into a HubDB table, create a new row with information. I want to do that by form. I understand that you can only add HubDB information directly or by API. Is there a solution for creating that a front end form that will add data to a specific hubDB table? 

This was answered in 2018, with basically a "no", anything developing around this? Is there another service I can use for a form that will add the data to a new row in HubDB?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
storycollab

It's been suggested that I could use the Forms API to populate information into HubDB? True?

0 Upvotes
tjoyce
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

You could possibly try to setup a workflow to trigger a zapier webhook
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Zapier-Webhooks-Hubdb-Integration/td-p/224347

alyssamwilie

@dennisedson Ah, I see. Then I think needing to be able to run a workflow on form submission would still be want they want (but is not a feature yet) as I don't know of any already built integrations that utilize just a single form for updating a specific database. There's HubDB HQ, but it's basically HubDB made more user-friendly and with some extra features. But I imagine the point of the form is to keep non-developers from messing with the columns or deleting things accidently so I suppose that wouldn't be much help.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.
alyssamwilie

@storycollab There currently still isn't any option to update the HubDB without doing it directly or through the API. I suggest submitting your use case to this Ideas post  where they're asking Hubspot devs to make HubDB available in workflows (as I think for your use case being able to use a workflow to update the HubDB based on form submission would be the ideal). It won't solve your problem now, but hopefully in the future it'll be a feature Hubspot adds.

Is there any reason your non-develpers couldn't just look at the form submissions themselves? From the form dashboard click the form you want to view and then click to the Submissions tab. It lists out all submissions to that form. Then you can also click "Manage Columns" to select all the information you want to be viewable in the table.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Interesting.  I interpreted the ask differently. 

It would be the non developer submitting the form that would update the HubDB.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @storycollab 

This is a curious question 😀

Just for my curiosity, why not allow this person to access the HubDB?

Also, what happens if something is submitted incorrectly?

@tjoyce , @stefen@alyssamwilie would love to hear what you all think.

0 Upvotes