APIs & Integrations

jalipert

Creating and integrating a private app via OAuth (for webhooks). Not showing up in Connected Apps

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm trying to create an app for the purpose of responding to webhooks for our company's HubSpot portal (e.g., respond to contact and company creation).

I created a new App under my developer portal and generated an OAuth URL for installing it.  When I click on the OAuth URL, it asks me which account to install the app.  I choose the portal I wish to install the app.  It then asks me for permission to grant access to the app and I choose to grant access.

Then, nothing.  I don't get any error messages, but I still don't see the App under the Integrations/Apps -> Connected Apps list.  Any ideas?  I am a super admin if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Joe

1 Accepted solution
jalipert
Solution

Creating and integrating a private app via OAuth (for webhooks). Not showing up in Connected Apps

SOLVE

Hi Connor,

It turns out that an App won't show up in your integrations until a request for auth/refresh tokens is made using the code returned from the installation redirect.  Once I made a request as outlined here https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/get-access-and-refresh-tokens the App showed up in the integrations.

Best,
Joe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @jalipert , a private app should be installed just as a normal app would be. Do you have a redirect uri in your authorization link? If so, could you please share the following:

1. Your App ID
  2. Your full authorization url. You can omit the client_id
0 Upvotes
jalipert
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Connor,

It turns out that an App won't show up in your integrations until a request for auth/refresh tokens is made using the code returned from the installation redirect.  Once I made a request as outlined here https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/get-access-and-refresh-tokens the App showed up in the integrations.

Best,
Joe

RFrancis2
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!  This eliminated my current time suck.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Yep, that's it! glad you were able to figure this out 🙂 

0 Upvotes