APIs & Integrations

bogdan-curbee

Creating a messaging thread via API

Hi,

We are aiming to add a chat functionality in our Flutter iOS/Android app. I looked through the Inbox and Messaging API but I don't see any way of creating a messaging thread, even though sending a message through an API call requires a threadId.

Is there any way a HubSpot user can send a message to an inbox without an already existing thread?

Thank you,
Bogdan

4 Replies 4
JSumuano

Hi, i looking for the same functionality, is there a way to create a new message wihtout a thread?  
today year 2023

0 Upvotes
GSegers

I'm also looking into a way to create threads, that would make it possible for us to fully use Hubspot as our main customer service software.

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @bogdan-curbee 👋 To confirm, you are not missing an option. Looking at the documentation for Conversations inbox and messages APIs (BETA), you'll need a threadId to add a message. Not my favorite answer to give, and I would rather not have you looking for something that doesn't currently exist.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

bogdan-curbee

Hi Jaycee,

Thanks for the response. Is there any way we can generate a default conversation thread for each Hubspot account on sign up? Or is it impossible for a new user to send messages to our operations team?