APIs & Integrations

Yantes

Creating a link to contacts list with a filter

I am trying to create a link that I can sent into a slack message which sales persons can click to be directed to a list of newly created leads based on a status. The problem is that I can't figure out how to do it across accounts, should this not be possible?

So what I do is I go into the contacts tab, add a filter to the contacts and apply the filter and save it, then a url is generated with that looks something like this /contacts/list/view/3137174/? so I guess an ID(3137174) is generated which contains the filter but the problem is that the ID is only working on the current account, but I have to be able to apply it on other accounts as well, how can I acheive that?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @Yantes,

Currently, there isn't a way to use the same filter id across multiple portals. Each contact list filter view id is unique to the portal itself and that is because the filter list is created on the portal itself. Each filter view is non shareable across portals. 

The best way to go about implementing this is to create the same filter view on each portals and note down the filter id for each portal.

Yantes

Okay thanks @WendyGoh 

Just what I feared, but I guess I just have to live with it. Do you know if there is any request on making a filetring solution across portals?

/Yantes

WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @Yantes,

To be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing of this use case. That said, if you haven't already, I'd recommend jumping over to the HubSpot Ideas Forum and posting this idea there so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers. Hopefully this will gather more interest.