APIs & Integrations

GoZacGo
Participant

Creating a Webhook for Google Ad Extension

SOLVE

Hello!

I'm trying to follow the instructions provided by Google so I can create a lead form in Google Ads.

They basically say that I need to create a webhook in Hubspot that provides me with a URL and a key.

"A webhook is an API that enables you to send lead data to your CRM system in real-time. To set it up, you will need to add a webhook URL and key to your lead form extension. You may need to do some configuration within your CRM system to generate the URL and key. 

The URL is the delivery path: after the user submits a lead form, an HTTP POST request is sent to the configured URL, allowing the lead data to go directly into the CRM system. The key is used for validating the leads sent."

Does anybody have experience doing this? It seems like it should be fairly easy, but I've learned that nothing in Hubspot really is. 🙂

TIA,

Zac

2 Accepted solutions
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @GoZacGo 

My understanding here is that you're looking for a way to generate a HubSpot Webhook URL so that you can pass form submissions to HubSpot from your external Lead Gen Forms, is that correct? 

If so, this is not an integration type that we can currently support as we do not provide the means of generating a webhook within HubSpot.

Instead, our tools allow you to work with external systems to pass information from HubSpot to external webhook URLs - This functionality can be seen in-depth, here:
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview

Looking at the documentation that you provided, it appears this relates to a feature called 'Search lead form', this is not something I am familiar with and so, it may be possible that our Google Ads integration covers this type of ad. 

HubSpot can track most Google ad types, including YouTube ads, but it's worth noting that it cannot report on or track Google Smart Campaigns due to API limitations. More info on this integration can be seen here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ads/ad-tracking-in-hubspot

If you have not already done so, i'd recommend you connect your Google Ads account directly to your HubSpot account.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

GoZacGo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Matthew,

This is a newer type of ad extension that allows the user to fill out a form without going to the website. The information captured can be downloaded from google, but my client needs the info to be seamlessly passed to Hubspot.

Since the webhook doesn't seem to be a route we can easily take, I'm wondering if it is possible to then manually upload the leads into Hubspot to get the leads into a proper workflow.

Our Hubspot and Google accounts are totally connected, but this is falling outside of the basic integration, sadly.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23
TPetersen4

SOLVE

Add us as well! looking for this specific thing atm 

0 Upvotes
NathalieSungard
Participant

SOLVE

Add us as well! I've realized I lost about 3 form submissions in the abyss. Would love an update when this rolls out. 

BenPage
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

SOLVE

Add us to the list also. Would love a webhook integration for Lead Extensions!

MKuha

SOLVE

Add us to the list.  Right now Google says with out a webhook we can only download leads after 30 days. That is not a great user experience for Lead Gen. 

JBuffa

SOLVE

Another one asking of this feature into Hubbspot

0 Upvotes
Lee86
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Also for us....

0 Upvotes
AEscohotado
Participant

SOLVE

Another one asking for the same thing here... 

Sami_Sharaf
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Yeah it would be great if this was included in the same way linkedin lead gen forms are.

0 Upvotes
alex_callcott
Participant

SOLVE

Adding another request for a better integration of these leads. I'm going to try out the Zapier integration posted above, but ideally something from HubSpot would be better and make more sense for all our workflows and integrations. Having a response to this that doesn't rely on Zapier or manually uploading lists surely better!

Lauren_Lokker
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi there, 

Please add us to the list of partners requesting this integration - uploading the contacts manually is not an ideal workaround.

0 Upvotes
joespisak

SOLVE

Is this on Hubspots roadmap yet? I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.

StacyPinke

SOLVE

Go ahead and us to the list of partners that will need this integration as well 🙂 

Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @GoZacGo 

My understanding here is that you're looking for a way to generate a HubSpot Webhook URL so that you can pass form submissions to HubSpot from your external Lead Gen Forms, is that correct? 

If so, this is not an integration type that we can currently support as we do not provide the means of generating a webhook within HubSpot.

Instead, our tools allow you to work with external systems to pass information from HubSpot to external webhook URLs - This functionality can be seen in-depth, here:
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview

Looking at the documentation that you provided, it appears this relates to a feature called 'Search lead form', this is not something I am familiar with and so, it may be possible that our Google Ads integration covers this type of ad. 

HubSpot can track most Google ad types, including YouTube ads, but it's worth noting that it cannot report on or track Google Smart Campaigns due to API limitations. More info on this integration can be seen here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ads/ad-tracking-in-hubspot

If you have not already done so, i'd recommend you connect your Google Ads account directly to your HubSpot account.

Let me know if you have any questions.

hhawk
Contributor

SOLVE

My understanding is that this has changed.. that there is something in beta or even released that does this. Looking for the documentation.

0 Upvotes
GoZacGo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Matthew,

This is a newer type of ad extension that allows the user to fill out a form without going to the website. The information captured can be downloaded from google, but my client needs the info to be seamlessly passed to Hubspot.

Since the webhook doesn't seem to be a route we can easily take, I'm wondering if it is possible to then manually upload the leads into Hubspot to get the leads into a proper workflow.

Our Hubspot and Google accounts are totally connected, but this is falling outside of the basic integration, sadly.

lmarshall

SOLVE

This can be done using Zapier.  I was already using Zapier to take submissions from our website contact form and have them automatically turn into new HubSpot deals, and I just set up an Adwords Form the same way and it works great. 

In Zapier, create a new "Zap". The app should be "Google Lead Form Extensions" and the trigger event is "New Lead". In the next step you'll get a Webhook URL which you will then paste into your Adwords lead extension. After entering the webhook in adwords and saving you should be able to test your trigger in Zapier and get confirmation that it works.  Now finish your Zap by telling it what to do when the new lead comes in (Pick HubSpot CRM as the app and then the action you want to happen like Create Deal or Create Contact).

EDIT: The webhook key can be whatever you want it to be.  You can use it to identify which ad campaign the lead came from. I named mine like this: "GoogleAdwords-SpecialOfferCampaign". Then pull that key into your HubSpot deal so you know where the lead came from.

arun_mohandas
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Imarshall. I really appreciate the recommended solution.

Also, I found this in Google Ads Support. Hope it helps someone.
Set up a webhook integration for a lead form extension 

0 Upvotes
franestevan
Participant

SOLVE

I am trying this "GAd Lead Form Extension - Hubspot" connection through Zapier too, but, in fact, I cannot say that works properly since the AdWords field "Webhook key" is required. Could you please tell me where have you got this information?

Furthermore, it is comprehensible that a Google Ads functionality that still remains on its BETA version is not available to integrate on Hubspot. However, attending to the large periods of time that usually Google spend on their BETA versions, I really hope that Hubspot team attend the demands of the world most popular advertising community. 🙂

0 Upvotes
lmarshall

SOLVE

The webhook key can be whatever you want it to be.  You can use it to identify which ad campaign the lead came from.

I named mine like this: GoogleAdwords-SpecialOfferCampaign

Then pull that key into your HubSpot deal so you know where the lead came from.

Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @GoZacGo 

As this is outside the current scope of our integrations, the best bet will be to fetch a list of the contacts via your Google Account, from there, you should be able to upload this into your portal. 

Instructions on uploading contacts can be found here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/import-objects

I hope this helps!