APIs & Integrations

GoZacGo
Participant

Creating a Webhook for Google Ad Extension

SOLVE

Hello!

I'm trying to follow the instructions provided by Google so I can create a lead form in Google Ads.

They basically say that I need to create a webhook in Hubspot that provides me with a URL and a key.

"A webhook is an API that enables you to send lead data to your CRM system in real-time. To set it up, you will need to add a webhook URL and key to your lead form extension. You may need to do some configuration within your CRM system to generate the URL and key. 

The URL is the delivery path: after the user submits a lead form, an HTTP POST request is sent to the configured URL, allowing the lead data to go directly into the CRM system. The key is used for validating the leads sent."

Does anybody have experience doing this? It seems like it should be fairly easy, but I've learned that nothing in Hubspot really is. 🙂

TIA,

Zac

2 Accepted solutions
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @GoZacGo 

My understanding here is that you're looking for a way to generate a HubSpot Webhook URL so that you can pass form submissions to HubSpot from your external Lead Gen Forms, is that correct? 

If so, this is not an integration type that we can currently support as we do not provide the means of generating a webhook within HubSpot.

Instead, our tools allow you to work with external systems to pass information from HubSpot to external webhook URLs - This functionality can be seen in-depth, here:
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview

Looking at the documentation that you provided, it appears this relates to a feature called 'Search lead form', this is not something I am familiar with and so, it may be possible that our Google Ads integration covers this type of ad. 

HubSpot can track most Google ad types, including YouTube ads, but it's worth noting that it cannot report on or track Google Smart Campaigns due to API limitations. More info on this integration can be seen here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ads/ad-tracking-in-hubspot

If you have not already done so, i'd recommend you connect your Google Ads account directly to your HubSpot account.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

GoZacGo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Matthew,

This is a newer type of ad extension that allows the user to fill out a form without going to the website. The information captured can be downloaded from google, but my client needs the info to be seamlessly passed to Hubspot.

Since the webhook doesn't seem to be a route we can easily take, I'm wondering if it is possible to then manually upload the leads into Hubspot to get the leads into a proper workflow.

Our Hubspot and Google accounts are totally connected, but this is falling outside of the basic integration, sadly.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23
joelburns34

SOLVE

I'll add my name to the list of folks requesting this type of integration.  Allowing the automatic flow of Lead Form Extension data from Google Ads to Hubspot's email repository would great improve the time to respond to new leads.

UGAonline
Participant

SOLVE

We're in the same situation as @GoZacGo .  We are building out Google Lead Gen ads and need to be able to integrate those leads into Hubspot to ensure that we can get each one into the workflow immediately upon receiving the request for information. If we have to delay our response time due to manual uploads, we loose prospective students.

We need Hubspot's help to update the software service so we can take full advantage of this ad tactic. Lead gen ads have been incredibly effective on social platforms so it is likely that Google lead gen ads will also be successful. We'll go the manual route for now as well, but please work on an integration for us.

GoZacGo
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you. This may be the best workaround for now. If it is really successful beta for us, we may consider further development.

Best,

Zac