APIs & Integrations

PreP
Participant

Creating Deals via API - Confused about relationship of items & products

SOLVE
We're creating deals via API to update any offline sales and I'm confused with the products to deal line items relationship. Legacy API documentation states that there is a relationship with the products object and items object.

However from what I understand in the new documentation there is no relationship with products and deal line items. It seems like I can simply create a deal via the API and create line items associated with it with no associations to products.

Could someone confirm this?
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PreP,

Thanks for sharing!

So if you don't want to sync in the eCommerce pipeline, you can follow the traditional approach.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @PreP,

Thanks for sharing!

So if you don't want to sync in the eCommerce pipeline, you can follow the traditional approach.

Regards,

himanshurauthan

SOLVE

Hello @PreP ,

If you want to use products from the HubSpot products library and your business is eCommerce, then you can follow the ecomm bridge documented here - https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/ecomm-bridge/v2/ecommerce-bridge-overview

Else you are correct, you can create the deal and line items with association without using products too.

Regards,

PreP
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @himanshurauthan 

We do have a connection with our ecommerce store which is WooCommerce, and product library is syced via the ecommerce bridge. However these deals that we're creating via API is for deals originating from offline sources. That's where I'm having the issue with line items. 

0 Upvotes