APIs & Integrations

Swith

Create companie on the fly on contacts creation

SOLVE

Hi

Is there a way to automatically create companies when creating contacts?
With the batch create or update route we have no response with the newly created IDs. So it is difficult to create the association Contacts/Companies.
In the account configuration you can define to automatically create companies but only based on the contact's email. I would like to create the company according to the property company.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @Swith.

There's no out-of-the-box solution that uses a contact's Company name (company) property to automatically create and associate a company record. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you're using the batch contact create endpoint, you could poll the Get recently created contacts endpoint immediately afterward and make associations using the vid values returned.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @Swith.

There's no out-of-the-box solution that uses a contact's Company name (company) property to automatically create and associate a company record. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you're using the batch contact create endpoint, you could poll the Get recently created contacts endpoint immediately afterward and make associations using the vid values returned.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
Swith

SOLVE

Thank for your help. 

I had considered this solution but I was hopeful that a better one was possible. 

Thx