APIs & Integrations

Klapprodt
Contributor

Create an Element on the Dashboard via API

SOLVE

Hello everybody, 

There are calculations (NRR, Churn Rate... ) that I want to display in a dashboard in HubSpot. I want to retrieve data over the api (which is not a problem), do my calculations, and then display the information on a text element in the dashboard. What I haven't found in the API doc, is how to create and edit a display-element (text card) on a dashboard. 

Is this possible over the API?

1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Klapprodt , 

I see. Of course security should always taken into account. 

One other thing that I can think of, but might feel kind of wrong, is to create a record of some kind of object (let's just say Company) and create properties for this purpose. 

You would then fill these properties via the API regularly and report on them by filtering only that specific record.

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ChrisoKlepke

SOLVE

Hey @Klapprodt , 

sound like a good workaround to get analytics onto your dashboard that isn't supported natively. As far as I'm aware, there is no API endpoint supporting that. 

What I can think of though is embeding for example a Google Sheet that you then can update automatically. Could this work for you?

Cheers, 

Chriso

Klapprodt
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello Christoph, 

thank you for the idea. I thought the same when I searched for solutions. I am not sure if I want to use google sheets because part of it is sensitive information. I had our own BI Dashboard in mind, but it is only accessible via OAuth and the embed doesn't work. It would have been nice for sales to look at those numbers directly in hubspot, but if it is not possible, they have to use the BI dashboard instead. 

Thanks again for your answer. 
Best!

Marcus

ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Klapprodt , 

I see. Of course security should always taken into account. 

One other thing that I can think of, but might feel kind of wrong, is to create a record of some kind of object (let's just say Company) and create properties for this purpose. 

You would then fill these properties via the API regularly and report on them by filtering only that specific record.

Cheers, 

Chriso

Klapprodt
Contributor

SOLVE

Great Idea!
thanks - that could be a viable workaround. A little bit hacky, but if it works, why not 🙂

Best regards!

Marcus