APIs & Integrations

raihan

Create a user using the API

SOLVE

Hello! I cannot seem to find a way to create a new user on a HubSpot portal using the API. Googling and searching the forum gives me various ways to create new contacts, but I’m looking for a way to create a new user. If there’s a way to do this without manually adding every single user, it would be great.

1 Accepted solution
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @jeswanth 👋 It is possible to provision a User via the Settings API — User Provisioning.

You'll make a request to 

POST /settings/v3/users/

Please note (from the example documentation) – “New users will only have minimal permissions, which is contacts-base. A welcome email will prompt them to set a password and log in to HubSpot.”

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @boris_pustilnik and @marketfresh,

It is still not possible to create HubSpot users through an API, however it is now possible to create multiple users at once via CSV or Salesforce import.

I will pass this feedback along internally again, but the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the best place to share feature requests. The product teams regularly monitor posts and generally prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

If you would like such a users API added, please upvote and comment on this existing feature request: REST API FOR USERS AND TEAMS. I've just upvoted it myself.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices. The more the product teams understand a feature's use case, the more accurate they will be when scoping the feature.

Thank you for your understanding. I will close this topic to maximize feedback on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
MWarzybok

SOLVE

Is is possible now to create new User through API ?

asher
Participant

SOLVE

Do you have an ETA for when support for inserting/updating/deleting Hubspot users via the API?

jeswanth
Participant

SOLVE

Do Hubspot provide this feature? After this long time atleast?

Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @jeswanth 👋 It is possible to provision a User via the Settings API — User Provisioning.

You'll make a request to 

POST /settings/v3/users/

Please note (from the example documentation) – “New users will only have minimal permissions, which is contacts-base. A welcome email will prompt them to set a password and log in to HubSpot.”

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
FredrikWendt
Participant

SOLVE

This is a nice addition, but provision for us would also mean being able to update all relevant data on the User, such as photo, language, phone number. IE anything that a user can see https://app.hubspot.com/settings/0000000/user-preferences/profile

0 Upvotes
alanmcs
Participant

SOLVE

It is completely unacceptable that this is not yet a feature.

marketfresh

SOLVE

Hi, is this feature available now!?
We are looking for a way to create Hubspot user account via API. It would be great if this feature is available now in Hubspot. Pls let us know. Thanks.

Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi,
So were is no way to sync my Active Directory to hubspot and auto create a user????

Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @raihan

We don’t currently have an API to create users, so you’ll need to create the users through the HubSpot app.

How do I add a user to my account?

Learn how you can add a new user to your HubSpot account and set permissions for the user.

0 Upvotes