APIs & Integrations

FrankYu
Teilnehmer/-in

Create a Contact Properties Data Types API page

lösung

The Hubspot developer documentation is missing a page for Contact Properties data types. Some kind of page that explains which data types internally are mapped to which externally-facing "data type" and also what kind of data each data type accepts for updates. For example, I am unsure how to format the data when updating a "multi-checkbox" via an API call.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
jackcoldrick
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @FrankYu,

Thanks for your post. Whilst a specific page outlining all of the properties does not exist we do have a page outlining how to update multicheckbox fields which can be found here. In short if you are setting multiple values you must ensure they are separated by a colon in your request. 

{
    "property": "property_name",
    "value": "value1;value3;value4"
}

I've implemetned this in the past using the "implode" function with PHP.  Of course depending on the language you are using it may have it's own method.

$skills = implode(';', $_POST['skills']);

I will also pass your feedback on to the relevant team on my side.

I hope this helps!

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
jackcoldrick
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @FrankYu,

Thanks for your post. Whilst a specific page outlining all of the properties does not exist we do have a page outlining how to update multicheckbox fields which can be found here. In short if you are setting multiple values you must ensure they are separated by a colon in your request. 

{
    "property": "property_name",
    "value": "value1;value3;value4"
}

I've implemetned this in the past using the "implode" function with PHP.  Of course depending on the language you are using it may have it's own method.

$skills = implode(';', $_POST['skills']);

I will also pass your feedback on to the relevant team on my side.

I hope this helps!

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes