APIs & Integrations

abostrom

Create Deal Autopilot Integration Errors

I use a marketing automation platform called Autopilot and there is a direct integration with hubspot. In it they have a touch point that will add a deal inside of hubspot but it is not working. They just got back to me with some validation errors that I was hoping you guys would be able to help me with. This is what they said,

The last set of contacts that you had run through the Add Deal shape ran into an error. The error happened when Autopilot tried to create a new Hubspot Contact record as these were contacts that were not already linked with Hubspot.

This is a copy of the error for one of the contacts:

{ "validationResults": [
{ "isValid": false, "message": "\"first_deal_created_date\" is a read only property; its value cannot be set.", "error": "READ_ONLY_VALUE", "name": "first_deal_created_date" },
{ "isValid": false, "message": "duplicate property value", "error": "DUPLICATE_PROPERTY_TO_SAVE", "name": "email" } ],
"status": "error", "message": "Property values were not valid", "correlationId": "b9336c89-bfb7-4e76-bf26-ae5a33efe9a9" }

It appears that some validation rule in your Hubspot account returned an error when Autopilot attempted to create a new Contact. This then prevents us from creating the deal.

If you could help me with this please.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
acurtwright
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi abostrom!

To provide specific troubleshooting feedback, I would need to know a little more information about what API endpoints they're using and ideally a specific example record. 

As a note, unlike platforms like Salesforce, it's not possible to customize or modify deduplication rules in HubSpot portals. If they encounter a duplication error, it's likely not a reflection of the settings for your specific portal but a reflection of how record deduplication works across the board, and they may need to update their integraiton accordingly. 

Wirth that said, here's a general overview of those errors:

{ "validationResults": [
{ "isValid": false, "message": "\"first_deal_created_date\" is a read only property; its value cannot be set.", "error": "READ_ONLY_VALUE", "name": "first_deal_created_date" }This 

This indicates that the integration attempted to manually update the contact property First Deal Created Date. This property is read-only, which means it cannot be manually updated via API or set in-app; it's automatically calculated by HubSpot. It reflects the create date of the first deal a contact is associated to. The integrator should not include this property when creating or updating a new HubSpot contact record. 

{ "isValid": false, "message": "duplicate property value", "error": "DUPLICATE_PROPERTY_TO_SAVE", "name": "email" } ],

This error generally occurs when an update request sent to HubSpot containts more than one property with the same name. For this specific error, it's referring to the "email" property. This could be due to a syntactical error in the request, and likely requires further digging on the integrator's part. 

I'm not sure if there's much that you can do as the user of the integration, as these errors appear to be caused by how the requests being sent to HubSpot from Autopilot are formatted. I would recommend reaching back out with the clarification provided here. If they're a Connect Partner, they should have an internal contact at HubSpot that can assist with troubleshooting questions. 

abostrom

Thank you for this. I will update them on this.

0 Upvotes