APIs & Integrations

e5an
Contributor

Couldn't complete the connection This install link is no longer valid. Please visit HubSpot's App Ma

SOLVE

I know there have been several posts on this already but as of now zero responses from HubSpot staff so I'm making another one.

I get this message in a red box when I try to connect to HubSpot from the web app. This is not a Marketplace-listed app, it's specific to a private company site. When I look in the Integrations tab in the Hubspot account dashboard, the app icon shows up with the rest and there are no warning messages attached to it.

What happened? How do we fix it?

1 Accepted solution
e5an
Solution
Contributor

Couldn't complete the connection This install link is no longer valid. Please visit HubSpot's App Ma

SOLVE

I just found the reason for this. Hubspot automatically checked off 14 new access scopes under the CRM tab. My old install link had the 'contacts' scope and two others. There is no 'contacts' scope any more. I removed 'contacts' from the link since it was not actually being used and unchecked all the CRM scopes, and now the app works again. If the same thing happened to you and you were using the 'contacts' scope for something, you probably need to update the URL with the 14 new CRM scopes that replaced it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
mushparker
Participant

SOLVE

Doubling down on e5an's response. It's a scoping issue. The scopes the app is requesting from your app isn't matching the required scopes. 

In order to fix the issue you will need to ensure that all your scopes requested match the install link. 

To fix this: 
1. Grab all the scopes from your app by going to Apps -> Choose your App -> Click on the Auth tab 
2. scroll down and copy all your scopes. (i.e. crm.schemas.companies.writecrm.schemas.contacts.writecrm.schemas.deals.readcrm.schemas.deals.write

3. ensure your scopes are the same as your Install link - Copy and paste those into a notepad or something and make sure they match what you have above. i.e. {{yourapp.com/}}scope=automation%20timeline%20oauth%20forms%20crm.lists.read%20crm.objects.contacts.r...`
4. If they are not, make sure they are. 
5. Then go to wherever you're requesting the scope and ensure that they are the exact same as the two above. 

Something must have changed on Friday, but either way hope that helps. 

e5an
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I just found the reason for this. Hubspot automatically checked off 14 new access scopes under the CRM tab. My old install link had the 'contacts' scope and two others. There is no 'contacts' scope any more. I removed 'contacts' from the link since it was not actually being used and unchecked all the CRM scopes, and now the app works again. If the same thing happened to you and you were using the 'contacts' scope for something, you probably need to update the URL with the 14 new CRM scopes that replaced it.