APIs & Integrations

webamplifyxyz

Cookie issue in Iframe.

Our Web App is not able to log in properly to Iframe or not able to store cookies when our web App opens in the iframe at Hubspot.

Is there any restriction or any privacy issue at Hubspot side? Can you please guide us to solve the issue?

3 Replies 3
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cookie issue in Iframe.

Hi, @webamplifyxyz 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Let's see if any of our community members have a suggestion or next step for you. Hey, @Sjardo @MFischer @alyssamwilie do you have any thoughts on how @webamplifyxyz might troubleshoot this issue? 

Thanks for taking a look! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
ryanm1

Cookie issue in Iframe.

I have run into this same issue, particularly with Safari. One subideal workaround is to prompt the user to disable the option "prevent cross-site tracking" in Safari's privacy settings. This is not a great solution though, as it opens them up to cross-site tracking everywhere. And even with cross-site tracking enabled, we've found that if someone uses HubSpot as a standalone web app rather than a tab in Safari, then the cookie access still fails.

We have also tried explicitly requesting storage access by using Document.requestStorageAccess (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Document/requestStorageAccess) but the request is blocked by the browser. I believe that it's blocked because HubSpot has us in a sandboxed iframe, which according the the Storage API docs prevents granting storage access. But it seems like there could be a very simple solution on HubSpot's end - just adding the "allow-storage-access-by-user-activation" token to the iframe (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Storage_Access_API#security_measures). In the source code, you can see that HubSpot already adds other sandbox tokens to make the iframe more usable, but is missing this important one.Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 9.19.46 AM.png

Hopefully HubSpot developers can make this very simple tweak?

bjblock

Cookie issue in Iframe.

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis - is there any info on this issue?  I'm having the same issue - unable to store a cookie in the iframe rendered from the CRM card.  This means I can't authenticate my user and allow them to use the iframe.  There must be a recommended workaround or fix in the works, right?  Thanks.

0 Upvotes