APIs & Integrations

SLink
Mitglied

Conversations Workflow To Create Ticket

lösung

Hi,

We are still considering Hubspot and have a need which may be rather unique. We have thousands of emails stored on our file system and want to create tickets for each one. I can create the VBA in Outlook to open and process each email automatically, forwarding it to the Conversations shared Inbox. The problem comes in with a need to automate ticket creation only for those emails and then assign the ticket and close it.

I don't see an option to automatically create a ticket for each conversation, and I only want these forwarded emails to create the ticket automatically. Then I want to process only those tickets through this workflow.

Has anyone accomplished this starting at conversations before?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Bryantworks
Lösung
Autorität | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hey @dennisedson if you're forwarding an email to a shared HubSpot inbox you're looking to use an associated "Activity" to generate the ticket.  You can do so via a contact workflow then segment by an email criteria:

Unnamed workflow - Wed Jan 20 2021 17_25_18 GMT-0500 _ HubSpot - Google Chr.. 2021-01-20 at 5.26.52 PM.png

You can then set it to create a ticket with a closed status.  But do note by doing this if a contact has more than one email, it'll only create a ticket for the first email.  Meaning if they have 3 different threads, they're still only getting 1 ticket.  I haven't heard of someone doing this before.  Would it not be better to just import these emails as a ticket directly instead?  

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
Bryantworks
Lösung

lösung

Hey @dennisedson if you're forwarding an email to a shared HubSpot inbox you're looking to use an associated "Activity" to generate the ticket.  You can do so via a contact workflow then segment by an email criteria:

Unnamed workflow - Wed Jan 20 2021 17_25_18 GMT-0500 _ HubSpot - Google Chr.. 2021-01-20 at 5.26.52 PM.png

You can then set it to create a ticket with a closed status.  But do note by doing this if a contact has more than one email, it'll only create a ticket for the first email.  Meaning if they have 3 different threads, they're still only getting 1 ticket.  I haven't heard of someone doing this before.  Would it not be better to just import these emails as a ticket directly instead?  

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
SLink
Mitglied

lösung

@Bryantworks Including you in the reply since I believe that was skipped earlier.

Yes, the goal is to get these emails in as a ticket. If we can move them directly from a network-stored msg file into a new ticket, problem solved with fewer steps. Do you have advice on accomplishing that since nothing popped out to me as a solution?

0 Upvotes
SLink
Mitglied

lösung

Yes, the goal is to get these emails in as a ticket. If we can move them directly from a network-stored msg file into a new ticket, problem solved with fewer steps. Do you have advice on accomplishing that since nothing popped out to me as a solution?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

Hey @SLink 

Welcome to the Community!

This seems like a fun one 😀

@Kevin-C@Bryantworks , @ConnorSlivensky@Aakar  who here is up for this challenge 😛

0 Upvotes