APIs & Integrations

AndrewHo
Participant

Content-Security-Policy-Report-Only from app.hubspot.com is reporting errors to browsers

SOLVE

When embedding a Hubspot form in a website, Chrome is showing the following issues in Devtools:

Refused to frame app.hubspot.com because an ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-ancestors 'self'".

I tried several changes to my own site's Content Security Policy however I am sure this is because the Content-Security-Policy-Report-Only is incorrectly configures on the domain app.hubspot.com where this is the directive:

frame-ancestors 'self'; report-uri ...

As far as I understand how frame-ancestors works, this directive is basically saying that only app.hubspot.com can use the reporting API? However the idea of the Reporting API is that clients send their issues to it when an error or issues occrurs in their browser. Hence I believe the correct change to remove these errors in clients browsers would be to remove the frame-ancestorsdirective.

More information is available here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Security-Policy-Report-Only

1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Content-Security-Policy-Report-Only from app.hubspot.com is reporting errors to browsers

SOLVE

OK everyone, I have been told that a fix has been deployed.  Let me know what you all are seeing out there now 😀

View solution in original post

43 Replies 43
VitaliiPlooto

SOLVE

I have the same issue with https://share.hsforms.com/

And it was working fine few days ago but now I have this:

VitaliiPlooto_0-1670533906686.png

0 Upvotes
KNickolay
Participant

SOLVE

I am also having this issue today-- any updates?

0 Upvotes
DHrncir

SOLVE
Looks as though it is working within our apps as of right now.
SKhegai

SOLVE

I'm still getting this error.
Here is the test:
https://dev.basedigital.io/hubspot/

0 Upvotes
DHrncir

SOLVE

I just redeployed an application reverting the code back to what it was before (no additional updates).  All looks to be working fine.  Please inform developers to "not" deploy script/security changes unless they run things through a test bed.  This caused quite a bit of havoc.  Thanks.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

A fix has been deployed.  Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists.

Thanks for notifying us!

Unimprobable

SOLVE

I am also seeing this issue.

0 Upvotes
DStineback
Participant

SOLVE

We are also experiencing the same error in the console. I have read that a fix has been made but wondering if we have to create a new form and redeploy a new script?

Is there any documentation on this issue to help fix? Cheers!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey all, I am looking into this

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

As an update, the team has discovered the reason this is occurring and is working on a fix

0 Upvotes
austinkimhale
Participant

SOLVE

Echoing what others are saying. We are seeing the same issue again. Seems to be a regression.

ZGilbert5
Contributor

SOLVE

We are seeing this issue as well.

0 Upvotes
DHrncir

SOLVE

Thank you for the confirmation.  I appreciate it.  I will let our support person know.  The will truly just need to let the downstream apps handle security vs forcing top down...which in this case will not work at all.  Thanks again.

0 Upvotes
DHrncir

SOLVE

FYI, I'm working with David (support) on the issue.  Just wanted to see if there were any others getting this.  We get an error on all external sites that use the HS forms.  No matter what I set locally (running on a laptop for example), this error will not go away.  So assuming it's from the HS website.

0 Upvotes
DHrncir

SOLVE

It looks like this issue may be back.  We get this now on all external sites that use HubSpot forms:  Refused to frame 'https://app.hubspot.com/' because an ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-ancestors 'self' app.hubspot.com".

0 Upvotes
JCusick
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

SOLVE

We are still dealing with this issue. Is there a hard date when this will be fixed @dennisedson?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@JCusick , this should be resolved as a fix was deployed.  If you are still experiencing issues here, I would recommend contacting  support directly. 

If you do, please reference this thread in your request

0 Upvotes
EFinnestead

SOLVE

We've had the same issue and it is causing problems with our google ads becasue the link is being rejected. Since there as been a fix, do we need to update our forms and reload?

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@EFinnestead , I don't think there is anything that needs to be done on your end 😀

0 Upvotes
AlbertoSM
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

It works now, thank you!