APIs & Integrations

Não aplicável

Content Scope Permission Problem

We are running into issues with a specific user that cannot authorize an app. Here is a screenshot of the UI message:

Here is the 403 Response:
{status: "USER_UNAUTHORIZED", message: "user does not have permissions to authorize scopes",…}
correlationId: "7dc18e95-e060-4807-bc84-eff95b80b0ec"
message: "user does not have permissions to authorize scopes"
requestId: "1662a17627c11be7b2cc1f6dc1c3a4bd"

I have read through many forum posts and many are similar, but none of them have a solution. I've checked the user permissions and the user in question is an Admin with publish/read/write access to all content types. The integration needs access to Contacts, Forms and Content. I know the issue is with Content because when I take the content scope off the authentication works, but the integration doesn't function fully because it needs the content.

This was the closes Topic: Problem getting acces to content scope

@Derek_Gervais I can send you the HubId and user

0 Avaliação positiva
25 Respostas 25
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks, @t.murphy. The one I sent a screenshot of is the one we've been troubleshooting (app ID: 59290). Is this the one that Edw has been trying to connect to?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

@Isaac_Takushi we have been testing with both and the problems are occurring with both. I could not get the app ID for the other one since it is under a developer account that is no longer letting us log in. We have access to the one with app ID: 59290.

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@t.murphy, the app is still connected here... Please let me know when it is fully disconnected.

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

@Isaac_Takushi sorry that one is now disconnected as well.

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks for the update, @t.murphy, but I still see Lingotek (app ID 59290) connected to account 597489 here.

After disconnecting and testing, did you then reconnect it again with a super admin? Please leave it disconnected so that the team can investigate most effectively.

I do appreciate your continued patience, TJ. I'm digging in as best I can while the app is still connected.

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

@Isaac_Takushi the app is disconnected for now.

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

@Isaac_Takushi I tried disconnecting the app using a super admin and then I used Edw to try and authenticate and it did not work, I got the same error.

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks, @t.murphy, but having a super admin disconnect the app and having Edw try and reconnect it is a key step. Please let me know when this is done.

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

Oh, I understand. I will try that!

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey, @t.murphy!

Checking in. Could you confirm whether you've completed the steps above and are still encountering the issue?

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

@Isaac_Takushi, yes we performed the actions (except for disconnecting the app since we are still doing some testing on our side too and need it connected), but the same behavior is still happening. And yes, we verified that the permissions were set on Edw

Thanks.

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey, @t.murphy.

We'd like to confirm that the permission changes you made to "Edw" have fully processed. Could you have him disconnect the Lingotek app (per my last post) and then try to connect it again?

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey, @t.murphy!

One more thing. Could you have Jim or another super admin disconnect Lingotek (just app 59290) from this page while my team investigates?

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Happy Birthday, @t.murphy!

Understood, I'll be investigating this issue more closely with my team today. I appreciate your patience!

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks, @t.murphy.

Looks like that user is not yet an admin (I believe Jim was). Could you toggle on admin permissions for that user and let me know if the same error occurs?

Thanks!

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

@Isaac_Takushi, permissions are updated, but still experiencing the same issues.

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Understood, @t.murphy.

To troubleshoot effectively, though, I'll need Jim moved back to the previous permission set. My team and I can't property investigate the issue if we can't reliably replicate it.

Let me know when Jim's role has been changed!

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

@Isaac_Takushi That makes sense. Please use the user with the first three letters of "edw" There is only one. His user is having the same issue.

0 Avaliação positiva
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @t.murphy,

I hope you had a good weekend!

I see Jim is now a Super Admin. Are you still encountering this issue?

Isaac Takushi

0 Avaliação positiva
Não aplicável

@Isaac_Takushi Now that Jim is a Super Admin, the authorization is working, but we need to figure out why the permissions were not working, because that user will need to go back to the previous permissions.

0 Avaliação positiva