APIs & Integrations

Mardo

Contacts in Sync

SOLVE

I wanted to reach out to understand the best practices to integrate Hubspot contacts with the financial system we are working on.

We already have a contact table on our side and I plan on keeping that so we can in a sense cache names for querying datasets, etc.

I would like the flow to have the ability to go both ways.  Meaning if a contact is added into Hubspot, it would eventually land in our system also.   Is there a webhook that could provide this for contacts getting usperted?

I would also like to update HubSpot when the contact is changed in our system.  I assume using HubSpot's API for this would be the right approach.

Any information on this subject would be much appreciate, thank you in advance.

Marty

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Contacts in Sync

SOLVE

Hi @Mardo 

For the first question, webhooks is definitely the way to go.  Here is a link to our webhook documentation

The second question would require posting to your HubSpot portal via the CRM Contacts Object endpoints

If possible, I would recommend syncing the HubSpot contactID to your external system so you can easily sync it back.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Contacts in Sync

SOLVE

Hi @Mardo 

For the first question, webhooks is definitely the way to go.  Here is a link to our webhook documentation

The second question would require posting to your HubSpot portal via the CRM Contacts Object endpoints

If possible, I would recommend syncing the HubSpot contactID to your external system so you can easily sync it back.

0 Upvotes
Mardo

Contacts in Sync

SOLVE

Dennis,

Now do I go about getting previous contacts synced up before the two solutions are working in real-time?

Thank you,
Marty

0 Upvotes
Mardo

Contacts in Sync

SOLVE

Perfect!  Thank you.