APIs & Integrations

IrisTsur

Contacts and Companies association

Hi,

We’ve created an integration that pulls a company and all its contacts when specific properties get specific values, However - we are having a hard time understanding the association between a company and its contacts.

If I opt for an automatic association between company and contact based on domain - I have no solution for companies that provide different domain emails to their employees. If I opt out of the automatic association - Hubspot is not making a connection between contact and company based on company name.

This way - I can not work well with companies that were merged (for example META NETWORKS and PROOFPOINT).

Even if I’m using the “Add company” option in the contact page and “Add contact” in the company page - the association is not created in a way that enables the integration to work.

Is there a way to create this association? 

Iris

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contacts and Companies association

Hi @IrisTsur,

I hope all is well with you 🙂

When looking to associate CRM objects, you can explore the option of using this endpoint here: Associate CRM objects. Upon, pulling the company and contacts information, you can use this endpoint to create the association. 

Here's an overview of the association definition: CRM associations overview

Hope this helps to clarify!

0 Upvotes