APIs & Integrations

ntorretti

Contacts Original Source/Original source drill down 1 showing as Direct Traffic/Unknown URL

SOLVE

We recently switched over to the Forms API and most of our contacts are coming through correctly with the right tracking information but we are still getting some with Original Source/Original source drill down 1 showing as Direct Traffic/Unknown URL. When I go to look at the contact and hover over the info tooltip next to the original source drill down 1 I get this message "The internal value for this property is e3875d32-ab81-48f1-9e78-493eae864f12. Use this internal value when creating a list or saved filter." I'm not quite sure if we're doing something incorrectly to not have that property translated the right way to get the source information since most of the contacts are giving me the correct information.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contacts Original Source/Original source drill down 1 showing as Direct Traffic/Unknown URL

SOLVE

Hey @ntorretti,

Are you looking at portal 6973280? When digging into one of the example contact (Natalie) who has the original drill down 1 vlaue as e3875d32-ab81-48f1-9e78-493eae864f12, I noticed that the contact did not have a `hutk` cookie passed on its `Test FORM API` submissions. As such, HubSpot do not have the usertoken information. 

Without the user token cookie, we will have no page view information and hence can’t populate First page seen or properly assign an Original Source.

Can you check if your team is passing the `hutk` value in Forms API?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @ntorretti,

Are you looking at portal 6973280? When digging into one of the example contact (Natalie) who has the original drill down 1 vlaue as e3875d32-ab81-48f1-9e78-493eae864f12, I noticed that the contact did not have a `hutk` cookie passed on its `Test FORM API` submissions. As such, HubSpot do not have the usertoken information. 

Without the user token cookie, we will have no page view information and hence can’t populate First page seen or properly assign an Original Source.

Can you check if your team is passing the `hutk` value in Forms API?

0 Upvotes
ntorretti

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

The portal that I am looking at is 2784414 but I verified that the problem that you said about the hutk value not being passed is what I'm seeing. Thank you so much for your help!

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @ntorretti,

Glad that all's well here 🙂 

0 Upvotes
ArieKelmachter
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, where can you see if a contact doesn't have their hutk passed on a form submission?

0 Upvotes