APIs & Integrations

WillP

Contacts API returning a property that is not included in Contact Properties API

Hi,

I've queried the list of all Contact Properties using the GET /properties/v1/contacts/properties API to get what I assume is the super-set of properties used across all Contacts. However when I query a contact (using get /contacts/v1/contact/vid/:vid/profile) to retrieve their data the response includes some properties that are not listed in the in /properties/v1/contacts/properties response. An example is hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time

Any ideas why GET /properties/v1/contacts/properties does not include all properties?

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Contacts API returning a property that is not included in Contact Properties API

Hi @WillP,

Do you mind sharing with me the portal id in question?

When using this endpoint Get all contacts properties | Contacts properties API to retrieve all the contact properties in portal 6790255 and 2380850; I'm able to see that property hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time is being returned in the response body of the endpoint in both portal.

0 Upvotes
WillP

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for following up on my post. I see the issue in our main trust-hub account, the domain number is 2380850. Is that the Portal ID you are referring to (sorry I'm new to Hubspot).

regards

Will

0 Upvotes
WillP

Hi Wendy,

I have re-run https://api.hubapi.com/properties/v1/contacts/properties?hapikey=XXX for 2380850 and I don't see hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time listed in the response properties. From your original email you did see it, is the above API query the one that yiu ran?

regards

Will

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @WillP,

That is right, I'm using the following endpoint:

https://api.hubapi.com/properties/v1/contacts/properties?hapikey={{hapi key}}

Again, I'm able to see that property hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time is being returned in the response body.

Could you try running this endpoint over the rest client - PostMan and see if property hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time is in the response body?

0 Upvotes
WillP

Hi Wendy,

I have viewed the response in both Firefox's JSON viewer and in Postman and a search for hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time (or just fatigue) doesn't find a match.

Looking at the JSON response body, it contains 250 list items numberred 0-250 (#0 is company_size and #250 is sfcampaignid) , how many do you get in your response?

If I specifically look for the hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time property I get an error response:

https://api.hubapi.com/properties/v1/contacts/properties/named/hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_t...

status"error"
message"Couldn't find a Property with the given name 'hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time'"
correlationId"dade319b-ecba-49cf-b7d7-115ed1751d3b"
propertiesErrorCode"PROPERTY_NOT_FOUND"
requestId"64792931-f4f3-4ef8-b608-fc010f0b209a"

Strange that you and I seem to be seeing a different set of properties. Are there any permissions or license controls that would mean I wouldn't see the complete set?

W

0 Upvotes
WillP

Hi Wendy,

Any feedback on my last email?

I have a question on your role. I assume from your Community Manager tag you are a HubSpot employee? Do you have access to the trust-hub data stored in HubSpot? Is your testing of the API using trust-hub's HubSpot data and environment or are you using a support/test environment?

regards

Will

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey Will,

Sorry for the delayed in response. 

Previously when I tested the endpoint <Get a Contact Property | Contact Properties API> on Postman (instead of our internal tools), I was able to see that the property hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time isn't in the response body.

Hence, I checked in with our internal team (Yup! I'm a HubSpot employee) and was able to confirm that:

1. The property requires HubSpot Marketing Enterprise Subscription  to read

2. Previously, I was able to retrieve that property because I was using our internal tools which bypass scope checks for internal auth. 

Hope this helps to further clarify things!

0 Upvotes
WillP

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for getting back to me, that explains why you were seeing different behaviour to me but doesn't explain the API behaviour I'm seeing. I would have expected the Contacts and Contacts Properties calls to be consistent. If my licence allows me to see the hs_email_recipient_fatigue_recovery_time value returned in the Contacts GET response I would have expected it to also be included in the Contact Properties GET response. I would have expected to see it in both or see it in neither.

If my license means I shouldn't be able to view that property and a Get of Contact Properties doesn't include it, why is the value being included in a Get Response for Contacts?

I need to get this sorted out before Xmas. The time difference between you and I makes our (very useful) exchanges somewhat protracted. Am I able to connect with someone in the UK or Europe to get a faster turn-around? Should I raise this through HubSpot support ?

regards

Will

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @WillP,

Thanks for the further clarification. This is an interesting one and I'll have to check in with the team on this. I'll keep you posted as soon as possible, Will!

0 Upvotes
WillP

Hi Wendy,

Following your input I have raised this as a support issue.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Will

0 Upvotes