APIs & Integrations

barteksonarhome
Contributor

Contacts API - incomplete data

SOLVE

Hi,
I'm using legacy API for creating contact, after creating in two different systems I'm read this contact.
1. Get /contacts/v1/contact/vid/#{vid}/profile -> return full profile

2. Get /contacts/v1/contact/email/#{email}/profile -> return profile without phone number
3. Get /crm/v3/objects/contacts/#{id} -> return profile without phone number

Point 3 is most important for me. Please explain to me how to get the phone number in the new API (/crm/v3).

Best regards,
Bartek

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@barteksonarhome ,

To get any additional properties returned, you will need to add a query parameter to your call.  Specifically for phone number, the call would look something like this

https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/contacts/#id?properties=phone&hapikey=xxxxx

You can get a list of all available properties using the properties endpoint or looking in the settings of your portal.  Make sure to use the property internal name.

You can also test your API call structure using the API docs.  Check out this screenshot as an example

CRM_API___Contacts.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
barteksonarhome
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much. It works!

dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@barteksonarhome ,

To get any additional properties returned, you will need to add a query parameter to your call.  Specifically for phone number, the call would look something like this

https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/contacts/#id?properties=phone&hapikey=xxxxx

You can get a list of all available properties using the properties endpoint or looking in the settings of your portal.  Make sure to use the property internal name.

You can also test your API call structure using the API docs.  Check out this screenshot as an example

CRM_API___Contacts.png