APIs & Integrations

lazycoder
Participant

Contact properties "hs_created_by_user_id" and "hs_updated_by_user_id" returns NULL.

I created a GET request for contact API (GET /crm/v3/objects/contacts/{contactId}and I get this response:

lazycoder_0-1627668380229.png

I think the "hs_created_by_user_id" and "hs_updated_by_user_id" should not have NULL values especially the "hs_created_by_user_id" if the contact is created by a Hubspot user using the add contact form. The Companies API returns the correct values for these properties.

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
johndcrumpton
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Contact properties "hs_created_by_user_id" and "hs_updated_by_user_id" returns NULL.

Do you have any updates on this? It's been quite a while, and the bug still persists. Knowing what user created a record is vital to almost any CRM function.

aashbyclarke
Participant

@dennisedson Just discovered this bug myself whilst building an API integration, receiving NULL values for the "hs_updated_by_user_id" value.  It's important for our business to understand who the user is that made a change to a contact.  Any update as to when this will be rectified considering it was originally reported in July 2021?  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@aashbyclarke 

I asked about this again and it is still being worked on as part of a larger initiative. 

0 Upvotes
aashbyclarke
Participant

Hi @dennisedson  Just following up on this again.  Is there any other way within the HS API to understand who created or updated a record?  It seems like such a simple thing, and condidering the property exists in the API it is frustrating to see that it is still returning a NULL value.  As previously stated, as part of an integration to our system it is really important for us to retrieve who it is updating a record.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @lazycoder 

Those two properties are not yet populating for the contacts object yet. 

They are actually hidden in the UI, but they do exist so the property is returned when querying the API even though it is a null value.

0 Upvotes
lazycoder
Participant

Is there any ongoing development to fix this to return the correct values rather than nulls?

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@lazycoder ,

Yes, there is some backend work that needs to be completed before it will work, though

0 Upvotes
CarlssonElkins
Participant

Please do keep us posted on this - it's a small but really important feature 🙂 

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes