APIs & Integrations

nickgoloborodko
Colaborador

Contact Updated webhook - for any property

resolver

Hi,

I’m working on integrating hubspot with our in house CRM solution. I have got the webhooks working just fine for contact creation and contact deletion.

Now, there are generic created and deleted events on the contact. For updates, however, there seems to only be property specific changed events.

Now, I was hoping to get around this limitation by subscribing to lastmodifieddate updated field - but I cannot create a webhook for that property with this error: “You can’t subscribe to the lastmodifieddate property change.”

I bit the bullet and created the webhook subscriptions for all of the properties that I need.

Now, worse yet, creating a contact seems to also fire a property updated webhook for each of the property on contact creation.

This seems like an extremely poor behaviour on behalf of hubspot.

Now I’m faced with having to come up with ugly workaround to try and filter any noise webhooks.

Has anyone found a mode elegant solution for this issue?

Also, webhook timeout of around 1 second without being able to modify it is redicolous.

2 Soluciones aceptadas
Derek_Gervais
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @eric,

It's not currently possible to create a subscription for all properties. In most cases, an 'any update' functionality is overkill, since notifications have to be sent for every update, no matter how frequent or small. The majority of use cases are better served by subscribing to a subset of important properties; for use cases that require a sync for any/all updates, you're generally better off polling the 'Get recently modified contacts' endpoint (see below). Also, if you need to subscribe to updates for a prohibitively large number of properties, you could create the subscriptions dynamically using your developer hapikey:

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @syedsaadabbasi,

This still isn't possible. Derek's original answer holds true today:

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
10 Respuestas 10
BenDjidi
Participante

resolver

+1, the current Webhook design is ridiculous. Can we have either a real pubsub pattern for a change at object ID level? Others have been doing it for a while: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.change_data_capture.meta/change_data_capture/cdc_i...

0 Me gusta
Dhruba
Participante

resolver

Despite 3+ years, this simple request still hasn't been addressed yet.

APIs should be easy to consume, and I do not see any reason not to implement this.

Neither in terms of effort nor computation. 

@Derek This request is not overkill, but the current implementation is.

Sorry to disagree with you.

Disappointed.

Yto01
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

I have the same need, has it evolved?

IsaacTakushi
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @syedsaadabbasi,

This still isn't possible. Derek's original answer holds true today:

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Me gusta
syedsaadabbasi
Miembro

resolver

Hi All

Did anyone find a better solution to call Web-hook if any property updates?

Thanks

Derek_Gervais
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @eric,

It's not currently possible to create a subscription for all properties. In most cases, an 'any update' functionality is overkill, since notifications have to be sent for every update, no matter how frequent or small. The majority of use cases are better served by subscribing to a subset of important properties; for use cases that require a sync for any/all updates, you're generally better off polling the 'Get recently modified contacts' endpoint (see below). Also, if you need to subscribe to updates for a prohibitively large number of properties, you could create the subscriptions dynamically using your developer hapikey:

0 Me gusta
enrico_bianchet
Miembro

resolver

Hi,

can i subscribe to a custom created properties?

My idea is manage the update of this property with a workflow. The workflow is set to enrol again a contact and its result is modifed this custom property for example when the firstname is changed, at this point if the custom properties is changed the trigger will be call (i hope ..).

This work with filling up a static list but i need to call via API every x seconds for check change and syncronize with our legacy CRM. But with a webhooks every action will be done whne it happens.

Can be a solution?

Thanks.

Wholesale-Solar
Colaborador líder

resolver

Derek-
You guys are kill'n us. The webhooks api is not usable in it's current state for basic data integration design patterns.

I don't mind having to choose which properties to request a webhook for... but a separate notification for EACH of the chosen fields does not fit a general pub/sub design pattern.

I can understand someone might want granular control over the update notifications at the property level. The current design allows for that, but it's missing some basics.

What we as a community need is:

1. "Groups of properties that trigger a webhook".
  2. Each group can contain one or more properties.
  3. Multiple groups can send notifications for the same properties.
  4. The ability to give an identifier to those groups.
  5. The payload contains the group identifier.

Also note, the big guns like Zapier/Integromat all have crippled triggers because of this. Zaps can only have 1 trigger - which means one trigger field per zap...

mieras
Participante

resolver

LAME.

What's the purpose of the 'lastmodifieddate' if you can't use it. 

eric1
Miembro

resolver

Hey, I'm having the same issue. I definitely do not want to resort to having to create an update for each property (that would be insanely hard to manage). Did you figure out another solution?