APIs & Integrations

alvinlzg
Participant

Contact API update not being tracked in Activity

SOLVE

Hi all,

Our mobile app uses HS Contact API to submit data. I could see the properties have been updated but I needed to view all properties history to see that. Nothing has been tracked on the Activity. 

I noticed this issue is pretty similar but has been solved - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Timeline-events-created-via-API-are-not-visible-i...

Any idea how I can get those properties changes to show up on Contact Activity without using a form API?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hey @alvinlzg ,

You mentioned that you're pushing data into HubSpot using the Contacts API; are you only updating contact properties? Property updates do not appear on the contact timeline.

If you're looking to create activities, you'll want to investigate the Engagements API, or possibly the Timeline API, depending on what specifically you're trying to do.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hey @alvinlzg ,

You mentioned that you're pushing data into HubSpot using the Contacts API; are you only updating contact properties? Property updates do not appear on the contact timeline.

If you're looking to create activities, you'll want to investigate the Engagements API, or possibly the Timeline API, depending on what specifically you're trying to do.

0 Upvotes
alvinlzg
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks again @Derek_Gervais  

Timeline API looks more suitable but in the interest of time, I will just go with a workflow workaround - auto enroll a contact and put them into a certain pathway once the properties have value. 

Will take a look at these API once we have more time.

Thanks!