APIs & Integrations

david-at-bold

Consent for GDPR record

Hi, we're using the Hubspot Form API to submit data from our forms and have succeeded in sending GDPR consent messages through submission. I'm concerned about how the consent if recorded on Hubspot.

When I submit a test through a form, I can view the submission data and see that consent is set to true. But when I view the contact properties, and go to See all properties, my Communication Consent and data processing consent fields are empty. Although the field for Legal basis for processing contact's data is set to freely given consent from contact.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 4.12.58 PM.png

I"m trying to understand if this is normal or if having the consent recorded in the form submission is enough.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Consent for GDPR record

Hey @david-at-bold ,

That doesn't sound quite right, but it's tough to tell from just the form submission alone. Can you give me a link to the contact record you're referring to so that I can take a closer look?

0 Upvotes
david-at-bold

Consent for GDPR record

Sure, here it is: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/2349803/contact/42238251/properties

Could you also confirm if the records are supposed to display only true or false when stating consent?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Consent for GDPR record

Hey @david-at-bold ,

So the Communication Consent and Data Processing Consent aren't HubSpot default properties, so they don't automatically update based on a contact's consent status. Since those are custom properties, you can include them in the form submission fields when the submission gives consent.

Does that answer your question? Otherwise, it looks like the consent info was included properly for that contact record.

edit: Hit submit too soon.

0 Upvotes
david-at-bold

Consent for GDPR record

Hi Derek, thanks for the information.

Which one exactly is the default Hubspot consent property?

0 Upvotes