APIs & Integrations

Daphne-lemlist

Connection refused during oAuth

Hello,

We have a persistent problem for one of our customer when he tries to connect his hubspot account through our integration.

When authenticating in a Hubspot window, he gets an error message: You don't have the permission to connect this app.

Daphnelemlist_0-1634738577246.png

Since this is a connection rejection returned by your service, we have no way of knowing why.

Hubspot support doesn't want to hear that the error comes from Hubspot, while it's on the app.hubspot.com url, that it's the Hubspot display, the Hubspot account of our customer ...

What should we do to get information about the source of this blocking?

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
Daphne-lemlist

Any update ? Please, it’s very frustrating to be blocked on this subject.

0 Upvotes
J-Azoulay
Participant

Hi ! I changed the user to "Super admin" on Hubspot and it unblocked the problem 🙂

0 Upvotes
DWieczorek

yes, I fixed it, without your teams help.

Have a nice day,
Dorota
0 Upvotes
Daphne-lemlist

Can we know how do you fix this ?  It will very help us ! 🙏

0 Upvotes
DWieczorek

Hi, I have the same issue, I have all of the necessary permissions and no possibility to become a super admin. How do I resolve this? @Teun 

0 Upvotes
Daphne-lemlist

Hello,

I take the liberty of relaunching this discussion because I still have no answer to the problem of our client. Do you need more information?

0 Upvotes
Daphne-lemlist

Here is our client's response regarding their account permissions: 

The problem is that we have 23 sales with the same settings - but of these 23 only a few can log in

And none of these 23 are super admins

We had already checked all the permissions aspects after the feedback Theo gave you

0 Upvotes
Daphne-lemlist

Hi @Teun,

I am sure this is not a general issue with HubSpot, I am just trying to understand how to resolve the permission issues. I guess there are logs available at HubSpot to identify this famous problem with the user's account permissions.

I have asked our client what the current permissions are on his account, I am waiting for his reply.

In the meantime, to answer the other questions :

This is the callback URL for our integration :

redirect_uri=https://app.lemlist.com/integrations-hubspot-oauth

Here are the requested permissions: contacts, timeline and oauth.

Is it needed to be superadmin to add an oauth application? If not what should be the settings to change in his account?

0 Upvotes
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @Daphne-lemlist ,

What permissions does your customer have? Is he a superadmin? Might be an issue with his account and not with HubSpot or your application.

What have you set as the callback URL for your integration?

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.