APIs & Integrations

sanjayortiz
Participant

Connect button URL in app listing process

SOLVE

We're trying to list our ESP/Data Integration application on Hubspot marketplace, in the process we're required to share Connect button URL. Is this the Oauth connect button?
In that case we have 2 cases, one that only asks for Data integration permission and one for ESP+Data Integration. The URL will be dynamically created.
What should i fill in the app listing Connect button URL field in our case?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @sanjayortiz.

Thanks for reaching out.

I've moved this from the CMS Development board; I think it's slightly more fitting here.

Are you referring to the "Connect button URL" field highlighted below?

Connect button URL.jpg

If so, no, that is not meant to hold your auth URL (https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx&scope=contact...). HubSpot already knows that information.

Instead, that field is meant to hold a URL where your customers begin the installation process. For example, this page might have a link or CTA that reads "Connect to our ESP/Data integration" and then leads to your app's auth URL.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @sanjayortiz.

Thanks for reaching out.

I've moved this from the CMS Development board; I think it's slightly more fitting here.

Are you referring to the "Connect button URL" field highlighted below?

Connect button URL.jpg

If so, no, that is not meant to hold your auth URL (https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx&scope=contact...). HubSpot already knows that information.

Instead, that field is meant to hold a URL where your customers begin the installation process. For example, this page might have a link or CTA that reads "Connect to our ESP/Data integration" and then leads to your app's auth URL.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
LarsAndersen

SOLVE

Is there no way to omit this? Our customers each have a unique subdomain that has to be used so we can identify them. For example company.myapp.com/hubspot - and this link is already available. Ideally we would not have the app listed in the marketplace

0 Upvotes
sanjayortiz
Participant

SOLVE

Oh that makes sense, will be great if it's mentioned as a help text on that page.

Thanks,
Sanjay