APIs & Integrations

datetime

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

We are trying to push in data about our customers using the API and we keep our customers' LOB info stored as SIC codes.  

I don't see how to align this with the existing industry drop down that is available in hubspot.  

How can we send SIC codes to hubspot and have them translated in a report to the appropriate industry/sector?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

Welcome, @datetime.

As you found, the industry company property's default options are read-only, so it's not possible to change the internal names to match the corresponding SIC code.

I can think of a few alternative solutions, however:

1. Create and use a custom company property with internal values which match SIC codes.
  2. Sync the SIC codes to a custom contact property and use workflow logic to set the company property industry based on the stored SIC code.
  3. Write a script which matches SIC codes with the industry property values and makes calls to the Companies API.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
stevenp1960

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

SIC Codes etc.

May I just into this and say "We need to work with companies within very specific industries. "Healthcare" can be a 5,000 bed hospital or a local dentist office. We want to establish our industry "nomanclature" correct up front so I'm thinking of using either the USA SIC codes w/ writer descriptions of the European that has both already.... https://ec.europa.eu/competition/mergers/cases/index/nace_all.html

Does anyone out there love their data so much as to care about industry level sub industries???

Steven Palange, TLIC Worldwide, Inc.

0 Upvotes
RandallF
Participant

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

I like this idea. There are ~147 HubSpot Industries, but depending upon your data provider you can have a lot more SIC codes, or a lot fewer if you roll them up to Industry codes or Divisions. Some way to translate SIC (and/or NAICS) codes into HubSpot's Industries, seems like a natural feature... Or at least some additional definition would be appreciated.

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @RandallF! I also see potential here.

Would you mind logging this use case on the Ideas Forum so other users can start upvoting the feature request as well?

Please share the link on this thread so that others can find the idea as well. Thanks!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Opes1
Participant

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

Hi Isaac,

Just wondering where this ended up. We would like to tag company NAICS codes under Industry in Hubspot. What is the best way to do this?

Zilx
Participant

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

I like this idea.

But not only for SIC (and/or NAICS) codes also matching NACE codes.

There are ~147 HubSpot Industries, but depending upon your data provider you can have a lot more NACE codes, or a lot fewer if you roll them up to Industry codes or Divisions. Some way to translate NACE codes into HubSpot's Industries seems like a natural feature... Or at least some additional definition would be appreciated

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

Welcome, @datetime.

As you found, the industry company property's default options are read-only, so it's not possible to change the internal names to match the corresponding SIC code.

I can think of a few alternative solutions, however:

1. Create and use a custom company property with internal values which match SIC codes.
  2. Sync the SIC codes to a custom contact property and use workflow logic to set the company property industry based on the stored SIC code.
  3. Write a script which matches SIC codes with the industry property values and makes calls to the Companies API.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Ilvija
Participant

Company SIC Codes

SOLVE

Hi can you please share the SIC code mapping to HS codes? we will then implement the workflow but we need a list of mapping to create workflows

0 Upvotes