APIs & Integrations

Michal_Stepien
Membro

Companies many to many relation

resolver

Hello,
I have a question about companies many to many relation. We were looking at companies parent - child relations but unfortunately company can have only one parent. There is no way to add property that would allow creating many to many relations for companies from what I can see. Is there any way to model this in CRM? I was also looking at CMS, but it does not provide ability to link content co CRS.

1 Solução aceita
IsaacTakushi
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @Michal_Stepien,

You are correct that child companies can only be associated with one parent company at a time. The only workaround I can think of is to use multiple levels of parent-child relationships to create relationships between companies.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
Lourdes
Colaborador(a)

resolver

If you can have a "Parent," and you can have a "Child," why not have a "Sibling" company to indicate those who have a common parent?

Bottom line, I've got ten medical practices all owned by the same company.  When I'm looking at one, I want to be able to "go sideways," see the others, and navigate to them from within the company record.  And then RETURN to where I was. I don't want to have to go up one level, go down, go up, go down, etc. 

Creating a shell company to be the parent and hold all the others might work for some, but for me it's just clutter.  Plus, I would still have to navigate up and down. 

jj12stars
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Please! This would be great! We work with major restaurant companies (Yum! Brands, for example) and they own several restaurant brands. So Yum! owns Pizza Hut and KFC, which each have many franchisees, some of whom own multiple units. I need to relate companies, not in a parent-child, but similar to what you have now added with related companies in the contact database. 

ROFU
Participante

resolver

We're also looking for this feature, but believe the multiple level solution is too messy.

IsaacTakushi
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @Michal_Stepien,

You are correct that child companies can only be associated with one parent company at a time. The only workaround I can think of is to use multiple levels of parent-child relationships to create relationships between companies.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Avaliação positiva