APIs & Integrations

Amergin

Collected Form Fields from Wordpress to Hubspot

Hello,

We have a Wordpress website with a Contact 7 form that is connected both to MailChimp via Mailchimp for Wordpress plugin and Hubspot via the Hubspot All-in-One Marketing plugin. 

Until last Friday, this form has been working perfectly in that all fields are synced correctly to Hubspot. Since then, we have seen a few issues with data being incorrectly mapped.

Firstly, the users' First Name is populating in the Last Name field in Hubspot. So John Doe's enquiry becomes 'John John' in Hubspot.

Secondly, the state field isn't populating at all. This field ID is 'mc4wp-state' and, looking at the logs, looks to be causing an issue syncing in to hubspot:

'This value wasn't passed to the contact record. 'mc4wp-state' isn't a contact property.'

Thing is, this State field was syncing fine to the State field in Hubspot up until last Friday. 

Anyone got any idea? I'm at a loss! There were no changes our end, however I noticed a new plugin update for Hubspot yesterday which I suspected could have been the issue, but no resolve there either.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Collected Form Fields from Wordpress to Hubspot

Hi @Amergin,

I believe @jennysowyrda did a great job here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Contact-Form-7-integration/td-p/180580 explaning what the issue may be:

"Collected form fields will create new fields as outlined in this article: "HubSpot will try to map form fields to the following default properties: Email, First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number. Other fields included on your forms will be created as new HubSpot properties in order to store those values.""

Additionally, when testing this out, I'm able to see that in the form submission information, the "last name" (e.g. Test Last Name) was being populated into the leadin_email field and the business registration field is being mapped to the leadin_state; it appears that all the form fields has been mismatched.

Tldr: The first thing that your team should do is to ensure that the field name and description in Contact Form 7 match precisely with the names of the fields in HubSpot. This is because, any sort of mismatch will interfere with the functionality of Collected Forms.

Hope this helps!