APIs & Integrations

nfortinwebit
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Chatflows - automated message after user stops interaction

SOLVE

Our current chatflows simply takes user information and sends it off to our slack channel.

This works well, but we're trying to see if it's possible to have some automated reply sent to the client if the conversation is abandoned. 

If the user starts the conversation but never finishes, we'd like to show after a few minutes something like 'we didn't get an answer for a while, you can always contact us at .....'.

I tried searching online, but didn't find anything relevant. I imagine it may be doable using if/else branches, but our account currently doesn't have them. I'd like to know if it's doable before purchasing the bigger package.

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @nfortinwebit,

Currently, this is not possible even with the if/then branch.

That said, you can set the chat session timeout to a longer duration so that when user return back on your page, they can continue from their previous chat. (Reference to this documentation - Create chatflows section '4. Options (bot)')

Let me know if you need further clarification on this.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @nfortinwebit,

Currently, this is not possible even with the if/then branch.

That said, you can set the chat session timeout to a longer duration so that when user return back on your page, they can continue from their previous chat. (Reference to this documentation - Create chatflows section '4. Options (bot)')

Let me know if you need further clarification on this.

0 Upvotes
nfortinwebit
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

SOLVE

thank you, that's what I expected.

I just wanted a confirmation from someone of more experience