APIs & Integrations

JLabetoulle

Chatflow connected widget can't find article in knowledgebase

We installed the widget so that our customers can search for articles in our private knowledge base (accessible sso only) The widget is well connected (api call upstream to obtain a hubspot token) and is only displayed if the user is well connected. However, it does not return any results from our knowledge base. This only works if the post is in public and not in private. How to make our logged-in users search for articles in our private knowledge base. thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3
Tommie23
Participant

We also have this problem. We talked to support and they said that the __hsmem cookie needs to be set to access these private articles.

This cookie is only set when an Hubspot hosted website is accessed. This offcourse is not for our application website where we only want to add the hubspot chat with access to the knowledgebase to search the protected articles.

When we searched for articles on our knowledgebase website the private articles a shown in the chatflow knowledgebase widget. But not on our external website..

0 Upvotes
BKillion
Participant

Hi, we are having the same problem. All our knowledge base articles are set to Private - SSO required. This article on Knowledge Base Lookup specifies that "Restricted knowledge base content will appear if the visitor has logged in to access your HubSpot content or if they've been identified through the visitor identification API." We have both logged in our user automatically through single sign on and verified their identity, but the lookup is still showing no results. We can access the knowledge base with single sign on, so we know that is working, and the blue check mark is showing up for verified visitors in the chat so we know that is working as well. But the lookup is still stating that no results have been found, no matter what we search for, despite using words that are in the title or category of an article exactly.

Is there something we are missing to allow the lookup feature to work? Is this a bug? If anyone at Hubspot or the community could clarify, that would be helpful, thanks!

Edit- Also, to clarify, we are using a chatflow of type "Bot" but we also tried using a chatflow of type "Live Chat" with knowledge base search enabled and that didn't work either.

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @JLabetoulle 👋 Thanks for the interesting question. Looking at this section of the knowledge base article — Knowledge base lookup (Service Hub Professional and Enterprise only).

Or am I not understanding, and you are using a live chat and not a chatbot as I linked to above?

I'm also happy to do a bit of research on my end once I understand which option you are using — live chat or chatbot.

Thank you for the additional details.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes