APIs & Integrations

CJohnson25

Chatbot same conversation across subdomains

I have not bee able to find any settings or similar posts to this topic. But is it possible to have a conversation follow a user across multiple subdomains for the same chatflow?

Currently even with the same chatflow, when the subdomain changes the conversation is reset. I also do not see any obvious functionality in the API that makes me think I can control that. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
CJohnson25

After testing this more thoroughly, it seems that the ability for the chatbot to follow across subdomains, depends on the origin of conversation. There appears to be special handling of the root domain and it's www counterpart. But if the conversation is started from the subdomain, it is looked at as a separate conversation. 

For example. 
If I initiate the conversation on domain.com or www.domain.com,  when I navigate to subdomain.domain.com the conversation follows me as I would expect. However, If I have I clear all my cookies and navigate to subdomain.domain.com and start a conversation, then navigate to www.domain.com or domain.com, I will not see the initial conversation, but it will start once again. 
From there, if I navigate to another, new, subdomain (foo.domain.com), we will see the conversation that started on www.domain.com or domain.com. 

It seems that the logic for determining when to continue a conversation could use some configurable parameters, as our software relies on the use of subdomains between services, we cannot expect users to initiate conversations via the root domain all the time.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @CJohnson25 

Adding a few people who might be able to help to this 🙂

@tjoyce , @Mike_Eastwood  - do you all have any insights here?

0 Upvotes