APIs & Integrations

Diego_Grasso

Chat integration in a SPA

We are integrating the conversations caht into our app. It's an SPA developed in Angular.
We would like to inform the chat the current path and the user that's logged in, like with the tracking code api. Is that possible? Is there an api for the chat?
Another feature that we would like to implement is adding the chat only for logged users, but as the url is no really changing it doesn't work. How can we achieve this?
Thanks,
Diego

5 Replies 5
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Diego_Grasso,

There isn't currently a Chat API, and the specific things you mentioned aren't possible with the current functionality of the chat tool. I can totally see the use case for that, though; If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes
ggrgovski

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

Any Update on this ?

I'm also looking into integration of the Chat/Conversation in our Angular SPA, but later also on the Mobile App.

Can you please help me with that.

Thanks,

Gjorgji

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @ggrgovski ,

Since this post, we've released the Conversations Live Chat Widget API; I'd recommend checking out the documentation for that API to see if it fits the bill for what you're looking to do. Outside of that API, there aren't any other APIs related to conversations live chat.

0 Upvotes
nheumer
Participant

This thread is not resolved...

So can you (someone) confirm that the conversations Live Chat Widget API does support SPAs? 

I wasn't able to get this working, especially now, where the "Private Apps" concept has been introduced, and the API-Key concept is no longer supported.
HubSpots Documentation for Chat Widget integration within SPAs is poor, or at least hasn't helped me at all, it rather has confused me. May be I am dump, and couldn't find the right pages, though.

Right now I am in contact with the support team, but the team mate wasn't a programmer and couldn't help so far... I have one E-Mail pending with a bunch of question. Let's see if this leads to a solution. If so I will share it here...

0 Upvotes
camicase82
Participant

Hi, Im new with HubSpot and having a hard time getting the base integration, Im not sure what I might be missing, I'm working with an angular/ionic app, but I don't manage to get the script imported, already tried pacing the tracking script in different places but never shows on the final HTML, can you explain how you got the chat working?