APIs & Integrations

hjfremantle

Changing the name of a randomly generated Non-Hubspot Form

SOLVE

All of my non-hubspot forms populate in Hubspot with a unique form name as they are generated from promotional pop-ups on my website.

I know how to rename them manually but, as it creates a new form each time one is submitted, this isn't scalable.

Is there a way to automate the renaming process of these form submissions to make it clear where they're are coming from as we have other forms and I want to make it clear for other stakehholders?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @hjfremantle the reason this is happening is because there is a unique HTML ID for the pop-up form that is causing the form to render as unique with every submission - depending on your form submission volume, you'll run into the 10,000 non-hubspot form limit before long and you won't really need to worry about how they're named.

Sharing @TomM2's answer from a similar question:

Your external forms have dynamic HTML IDs so non-HubSpot forms cannot identify them as the same form. It's essentialy the opposite of this issue

You can delete forms you don't need to get below the 10k limit, this will not delete the contacts or information from contacts who have submit your form. However, new forms will be created as soon as another submission comes through. 

To solve this in the long term I would advise changing to a form system that uses static IDs or, even better using HubSpot forms or integrating via the forms api. 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @hjfremantle the reason this is happening is because there is a unique HTML ID for the pop-up form that is causing the form to render as unique with every submission - depending on your form submission volume, you'll run into the 10,000 non-hubspot form limit before long and you won't really need to worry about how they're named.

Sharing @TomM2's answer from a similar question:

Your external forms have dynamic HTML IDs so non-HubSpot forms cannot identify them as the same form. It's essentialy the opposite of this issue

You can delete forms you don't need to get below the 10k limit, this will not delete the contacts or information from contacts who have submit your form. However, new forms will be created as soon as another submission comes through. 

To solve this in the long term I would advise changing to a form system that uses static IDs or, even better using HubSpot forms or integrating via the forms api. 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
hjfremantle

SOLVE

Appreciate the help. Makes sense 😀

Jnix284

SOLVE

You're welcome @hjfremantle, happy to help - that's what the community is here for! 🙌 

0 Upvotes