APIs & Integrations

exoboy
Participant

Change to Deal triggers Workflow, alerts owner and re-enrolls

SOLVE

I have searched everywhere and for the life of me, cannot find a clear solution to this. Here is what I would like to do: (1) Our site updates a custom property in a HubSpot deal. (2) A webhook is triggered and sends an alert to the deal owner, (3) the deal is then re-enrolled so that if the property is updated again, the process repeats. Anyone have thoughts on the best way to go about this? I have set up a custom event that I am triggering through the API, but since it seems deals don't re-nroll, it only fires once. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate. PS - I am doing all of this in PHP using cURL request to the HubSpot API.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
exoboy
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry, in my orignal post step one mentioned webhooks. I meant workflows. As for your answer I tried it in several variations and could not get it to work. I did  get a setup that works, but I don't feel like it is the best solution. What I did was (1) create a contact based workflow that listens for a property value change in the contact record. (2) I then have this generate the in-app alert I wanted that appears in the message menu. (3) Then, when the web app I am building gets a request from HubSpot (when a user changes deal stages), I send an enroll request to the Hub API, and I also add timeline event to the contact and deal timelines. Feels a bit cluncky but seems to work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
exoboy
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry, in my orignal post step one mentioned webhooks. I meant workflows. As for your answer I tried it in several variations and could not get it to work. I did  get a setup that works, but I don't feel like it is the best solution. What I did was (1) create a contact based workflow that listens for a property value change in the contact record. (2) I then have this generate the in-app alert I wanted that appears in the message menu. (3) Then, when the web app I am building gets a request from HubSpot (when a user changes deal stages), I send an enroll request to the Hub API, and I also add timeline event to the contact and deal timelines. Feels a bit cluncky but seems to work.

Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks @dennisedson 

Hey @exoboy 

I was talking with coworkers the other day about something like this.

Because I don't know all of the details here, at a high level I would suggest enrolling the deal into another workflow (WF2) at the end of the first workflow (WF1).  WF2 could essentially check if the value has updated, and re-enroll the deal in WF1.

It would also be possible using a webhook and serverless function.

Thoughts?

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@Bryantworks , @Kevin-C  either of you able to help out here?

0 Upvotes