APIs & Integrations

ychakka
Participant

Change back Life Cycle Stage field in contact record

SOLVE

Howdy Folks,

Using API (oAuth 2.0), i am trying to change life cycle stage field of contact and it seems to work. Initially its set to null and then i advanced the stage to customer. Now my client wants to revert it back to lead. When i tried to make API call to change it back to lead from customer, i am getting 204 success status but no change is happening in UI.

Is it possible to change backwards the Life Cycle Stage field on contact entity via API call?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ychakka 

Apologies.  I totally misread your question 🙃

You will need to clear it first.  Basically, send a value of "".  Then you will be able to set to the stage you want. 

I see the value of just making one request for this.  I will encourage submitting an idea for this

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ychakka ,

Yes, you should definetly be able to move back

I just did a quick test.  This is the endpoint that I patched /crm/v3/objects/deals/:dealId?

This was my body

{
    "properties": {
         "dealstage": "appointmentscheduled"
    }
}

And I verified that it moved back a column in the pipeline

0 Upvotes
ychakka
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @dennisedson for responding.

I tried to move it back to initial stage "lead" using below json body. It responded with 204 success status but the Life Cycle Stage field hasnt been updated when i refreshed the UI. Where do u think am i going wrong?

{
  "properties": [
    {
      "property""lifecyclestage",
      "value""lead"
    }
  ]
}
0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ychakka 

Apologies.  I totally misread your question 🙃

You will need to clear it first.  Basically, send a value of "".  Then you will be able to set to the stage you want. 

I see the value of just making one request for this.  I will encourage submitting an idea for this