APIs & Integrations

drbitbrain

Cannot use some scopes on a Pro account

SOLVE

Hi,

In my company we've got a Pro account and we are trying to integrate the information from clients to a platform of our own. We plan on using webhooks and some other elements for this integration/synchronization.

We have also started to use Form API with our contact forms on our web. So far this part is working good. But when authorizing the OAuth for the application I wanted to give it some  other scopes to try the other integrations.

I've been working so far on my developer account with a test hubspot account which has everything and it worked good. But when we have tried to authorize the app with the production site on the Pro Hubspot account, it said "This hub doesn't have access to some HubSpot features that are required by this integration.".

As far as I know we have Sales Pro, Marketing Pro and Services Professional, so we should have access to almost everything except for events (or so I see on https://developers.hubspot.com/apisbytier).

But so far it seems that "integration-sync" and "timeline" among others are giving us problems. ¿What am I missing/doing wrong? I cannot seem to find more concrete information on what each scope of the configuration of the app does...

Thank you!

Dani

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @drbitbrain.

Happy to help.

To confirm, are you attempting to connect app 196086 to account 2607603?

If so, it looks like the hubdb scope is tripping you up.

Per to the OAuth 2.0 scopes article, the hubdb scope requires Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise and the HubSpot CMS ("website add-on"), which is not present in account 2607603.

If you remove hubdb from the scope parameter of your auth URL, you should be able to connect your app!

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @drbitbrain.

Happy to help.

To confirm, are you attempting to connect app 196086 to account 2607603?

If so, it looks like the hubdb scope is tripping you up.

Per to the OAuth 2.0 scopes article, the hubdb scope requires Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise and the HubSpot CMS ("website add-on"), which is not present in account 2607603.

If you remove hubdb from the scope parameter of your auth URL, you should be able to connect your app!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
drbitbrain

SOLVE

Confirmed. Hubdb was the one responsible for the hassle.

Thank you very much Mr. Takushi.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Happy to help, @drbitbrain!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
drbitbrain

SOLVE

You are correct on the app ID and account ID.

Right now I cannot try it, but as soon as I can I will get back an mark the solution as accepted. Thank you.