APIs & Integrations

eric1

Cannot set hidden property on deal property (even if it's been deleted)

If I create a deal property without a hidden property, there is no way to set that to true after the fact.

For example:

• Create Deal Property called "this_should_be_hidden"
  • Delete that Deal Property
  • Create the Deal Property via the API with the same name and set hidden: true.

The Hubspot API will respond back with:

{"status":"error","message":"Field 'hidden' cannot be modified for property 'this_should_be_hidden'.","correlationId":"71b05c03-d649-47f2-ae18-688b46bf5627","requestId":"1dc4153c9c780650ff7477f03dbe9cc8"}

It's very clear that deleting a property doesn't actually destroy the record -- I would imagine you guys are just setting a boolean flag in your DB which I totally get from a data integrity standpoint.

Is there anyways to tweak this so I can change the hidden property?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @eric,

I understand; I can totally see how that would be useful. Unfortunately, that's not currently possible with the existing property architecture. I'm happy to pass this feedback along internally, but if you have the inclination I would strongly encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @eric,

Is there a reason you want to set fields to hidden? The hidden flag is used for properties subject to internal processes, so setting this to true will prevent the field from being accessible both in-app and via the API.

0 Upvotes
eric1

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

We use the API to set some data in hubspot but we don't want the sales people touching that data. It they change something, it could cause our data integrity to become flawed. So just having something that is only programatically set would help us out greatly.